PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV, Dish Network local channel question.

Mike in DE.
July 17th 03, 07:47 AM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you can get just local channels with
either Direct TV or Dish Network. I live in Delaware and our local
channels are out of Philly. I am originally from Pittsburgh and would
like to get thier local channels here in Del. and was thinking Direct
TV/Dish Network would be the answer. I would need JUST the local
channels as I am a huge Phillies fan and would need to keep cable
because from what I've seen the dishes do not offer local Phillies
games broadcast on Comcast Sporstnet (I know they offer Comcast
Sportsnet but that is the Baltimore version not the Philly one):( so I
would need to keep cable just for the Phillies games :(.
(Thats another question,Why dont they offer any local sports channels
for Philly, they cover every other market)Anyway, can I get just the
local channels of a different market and if not, and I have to
subscribe to a package, can I get my local channels and a different
markets local channels at the same time?
I really appreciate any answers,
Thanks,
Mike

BITEME
July 17th 03, 08:07 AM
On 16 Jul 2003 22:47:41 -0700, (Mike in DE.) wrote:

>Hi everyone, I was wondering if you can get just local channels with
>either Direct TV or Dish Network. I live in Delaware and our local
>channels are out of Philly. I am originally from Pittsburgh and would
>like to get thier local channels here in Del. and was thinking Direct
>TV/Dish Network would be the answer. I would need JUST the local
>channels as I am a huge Phillies fan and would need to keep cable
>because from what I've seen the dishes do not offer local Phillies
>games broadcast on Comcast Sporstnet (I know they offer Comcast
>Sportsnet but that is the Baltimore version not the Philly one):( so I
>would need to keep cable just for the Phillies games :(.
>(Thats another question,Why dont they offer any local sports channels
>for Philly, they cover every other market)Anyway, can I get just the
>local channels of a different market and if not, and I have to
>subscribe to a package, can I get my local channels and a different
>markets local channels at the same time?
>I really appreciate any answers,
>Thanks,
>Mike

No,
you can only get the locals from your city...if they are available.
( this sucks )

WichitaRedneck
July 19th 03, 02:54 AM
Technically you can PROBABLY get the Pittsburgh locals in Philly because they
are close but LEGALLY you cannot. So you would have to use a Philly address for
your account. If you have a relative there that can get mail for you, you can
do it.

William McBrine
July 21st 03, 02:39 AM
In rec.video.satellite.dbs Mike in DE. > wrote:
> Hi everyone, I was wondering if you can get just local channels with
> either Direct TV or Dish Network. I live in Delaware and our local
> channels are out of Philly.

Have you considered an OTA antenna? It might work better than you
expect, and would be no worse to install than a dish.

--
William McBrine >

bmg59
July 26th 03, 11:02 PM
There is a way to just get locals, but you need to be a 'local' or corporate
person working with a local and get that offered to you from DirecTV. It is
not for sale alone otherwise.

om...