PDA

View Full Version : Any new DTV discounts??

snow
July 28th 03, 01:08 PM
6 months ago I called DTV retention department and said I plan to switch to
Dish, they then gave me a $5 montly discont on Total Choice and also
Showtime free for 6 months. Has anyone ever got another offer like this
mopre than once?? I guess I got lucky the first time, but wondering if
anyone has had luck more than once on a discount.

Tom Wright
July 28th 03, 09:34 PM
I sent them an e-mail last Monday complaining how all of their good offers
were for new customers and that they don't do anything for existing
customers. They called me the next day to see what I wanted. I told them I
would eventually be moving to HDTV and that I wanted a new dish. They gave
it to me free and noticed that my old receiver was not multi-sat compatible.
They also gave me a free receiver. Dish and receiver installed Friday and it
didn't cost me a penny. Just had to tell them that I would continue my
programming package for another year.

Tom

"snow" > wrote in message
> 6 months ago I called DTV retention department and said I plan to switch
> Dish, they then gave me a $5 montly discont on Total Choice and also
> Showtime free for 6 months. Has anyone ever got another offer like this
> mopre than once?? I guess I got lucky the first time, but wondering if
> anyone has had luck more than once on a discount.

snow
July 29th 03, 01:20 PM
Sounds like you are an existing customer. So you got a new multi-sat dish
free?
Wow, thats quite a deal if so.
Tom Wright > wrote in message

> I sent them an e-mail last Monday complaining how all of their good offers
> were for new customers and that they don't do anything for existing
> customers. They called me the next day to see what I wanted. I told them I
> would eventually be moving to HDTV and that I wanted a new dish. They gave
> it to me free and noticed that my old receiver was not multi-sat
compatible.
> They also gave me a free receiver. Dish and receiver installed Friday and
it
> didn't cost me a penny. Just had to tell them that I would continue my
> programming package for another year.
>
> Tom
>
> "snow" > wrote in message
> > 6 months ago I called DTV retention department and said I plan to switch
> > Dish, they then gave me a $5 montly discont on Total Choice and also
> > Showtime free for 6 months. Has anyone ever got another offer like this
> > mopre than once?? I guess I got lucky the first time, but wondering if
> > anyone has had luck more than once on a discount.

Tom Wright
July 29th 03, 06:50 PM
Yep...existing customer since '96 or '97. Everything was free.

"snow" > wrote in message
> Sounds like you are an existing customer. So you got a new multi-sat dish
> free?
> Wow, thats quite a deal if so.
> Tom Wright > wrote in message
> >
> > I sent them an e-mail last Monday complaining how all of their good
offers
> > were for new customers and that they don't do anything for existing
> > customers. They called me the next day to see what I wanted. I told them
> > would eventually be moving to HDTV and that I wanted a new dish. They
gave
> > it to me free and noticed that my old receiver was not multi-sat
> compatible.
> > They also gave me a free receiver. Dish and receiver installed Friday
and
> it
> > didn't cost me a penny. Just had to tell them that I would continue my
> > programming package for another year.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "snow" > wrote in message
> > > 6 months ago I called DTV retention department and said I plan to
switch
> > > Dish, they then gave me a $5 montly discont on Total Choice and also
> > > Showtime free for 6 months. Has anyone ever got another offer like
this
> > > mopre than once?? I guess I got lucky the first time, but wondering if
> > > anyone has had luck more than once on a discount.

Tom Wright
July 30th 03, 09:54 PM
It was just a multi-sat receiver.

"Ed Ruf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:34:20 GMT, in rec.video.satellite.dbs "Tom Wright"
> > wrote:
>

> >I sent them an e-mail last Monday complaining how all of their good
offers
> >were for new customers and that they don't do anything for existing
> >customers. They called me the next day to see what I wanted. I told them
> >would eventually be moving to HDTV and that I wanted a new dish. They
gave
> >it to me free and noticed that my old receiver was not multi-sat
compatible.
> >They also gave me a free receiver. Dish and receiver installed Friday and
it
> >didn't cost me a penny. Just had to tell them that I would continue my
> >programming package for another year.
>
> Was this just a multi-sat reliever or an HDTV one? Given the cost of the
> later, I'd bet the former.

Uncle Peter
August 25th 03, 02:44 AM
Sometimes you can wrangle a new receiver and dish if your
present system is fairly archaic. I told them I couldn't live with
the slow menus and other problems on my first generation
RCAs, and that cable was becoming more attractive, they
offered the free receivers for a six month retention.

Pete