PDA

View Full Version : Re: New 3 satellite dish is tiny = rainfade

Greywolf
August 19th 03, 02:28 AM
"observer" > wrote in message
t...
> Man,is this thing small.An old Primestar is twice the size. I wish we had
> some choices for bigger dishes for this new 3 lnb/sat thing.Especially for
> us rain prone areas.I have a Starband/Dish Network dish and never had rain
> fade.But then it`s twice the size of this Directv dish.Maybe try and use
the
> old Primestar and mount the new lnbs on it ? Thoughts...anyone.

Assuming you mean you want a bigger 3 LNB dish for DirecTV, there is the
Channel Master Gain Master at 35"x24".

Pat

Greywolf
August 19th 03, 05:56 AM
"Chris Thomas" > wrote in message
m...
> In article >,
> says...
> > "observer" > wrote in message
> > t...
> > > Man,is this thing small.An old Primestar is twice the size. I wish we
had
> > > some choices for bigger dishes for this new 3 lnb/sat thing.Especially
for
> > > us rain prone areas.I have a Starband/Dish Network dish and never had
rain
> > > fade.But then it`s twice the size of this Directv dish.Maybe try and
use
> > the
> > > old Primestar and mount the new lnbs on it ? Thoughts...anyone.
> > >
> > Assuming you mean you want a bigger 3 LNB dish for DirecTV, there is the
> > Channel Master Gain Master at 35"x24".
>
> Patriot makes a whole line of large DBS dishes -- up to 7'
> http://www.sepatriot.com/dbs.htm

Is there one capable of getting all 3 satellites? I only saw one model
capable of getting 2.

Pat

Greywolf
August 19th 03, 07:39 AM
"observer" > wrote in message
t...
> Thanks Pat,I`ll look into it and see whether or not the 3 lnb/switch will
> mount ok.

There is an ad at solidsignal.com and a thread at

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287686&highlight=gainmaster

Pat

Chris Thomas
August 19th 03, 05:15 PM
In article >,
says...
> "Chris Thomas" > wrote in message
> >
> > Patriot makes a whole line of large DBS dishes -- up to 7'
> > http://www.sepatriot.com/dbs.htm
>
> Is there one capable of getting all 3 satellites? I only saw one model
> capable of getting 2.

I'd suggest dropping a note to Patriot and asking. It has to be a
common request.

observer
August 19th 03, 07:35 PM
Thanks,I wrote to solid signal last night.
"Greywolf" > wrote in message
.com...
> "observer" > wrote in message
> t...
> > Thanks Pat,I`ll look into it and see whether or not the 3 lnb/switch
will
> > mount ok.
>
> There is an ad at solidsignal.com and a thread at

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=287686&highlight=g
ainmaster

> Pat

observer
August 20th 03, 08:02 PM
True,but I didn`t want to wait for the rain season to find out.Paranoid I
guess :>)
m...