PDA

View Full Version : Do you have DISH? Please check this out for me.

Bob Oblong
August 23rd 03, 01:27 AM
When listening to the Blues Music Channel (978 on my system) I hear a 2
second "dropout" about every 3 and half minutes. It does not happen on
any other Music channel, so I don't think there is an equipment issue on
my end.

I am on satellite 119 West, Transponder 16.
The receiver is a PVR 508, and is about 2 mos old. (Rec'd new from Dish).

Of course, DISH customer service automatically assumes it is something
of my doing... so that's why I would be interested if anyone else
experiences this problem.

Thanks for any help in advance.

SpamVictim
August 28th 03, 09:35 AM
I tried and there was not such a dropout on my system. Dish 500, box model
5000 (a really old one).

I checked the installation setup and it says 119 West but Transponder 19. I
switched to Transponder 16 and the signal indicator was really shaky. Then
when I went to the channel and came back to the installation menu, it was
back to Transponder 19. Obviously I don't know enough about transponders!

"Bob Oblong" > wrote in message
om...

> so that's why I would be interested if anyone else experiences this
problem.

> Thanks for any help in advance.

TNGTony
August 28th 03, 09:55 AM
"SpamVictim" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I tried and there was not such a dropout on my system. Dish 500, box
model
> 5000 (a really old one).
>
> I checked the installation setup and it says 119 West but Transponder 19.
> switched to Transponder 16 and the signal indicator was really shaky.
Then
> when I went to the channel and came back to the installation menu, it was
> back to Transponder 19. Obviously I don't know enough about transponders!

The receiver will go to whatever transponder the channel is on. If you go
to a particular channel and then go to the "point dish" screen, the receiver
will show you the satellite and transponder that channel is on. Check it
out against www.dishchannelchart.com

See ya
Tony