PDA

View Full Version : Re: Old Primestar Dishes

Kostantine Petain
August 30th 03, 02:06 PM
I have an old prime star and use it to pick up FTA programs.Works great.
I also trying to figure out how to mount nlb on the primestar.
Vet
"WichitaRedneck" > wrote in message
> As I see these sometimes laying around here and there, I wonder of they
are of
> any use. I examined one closer but I see no easy way to convert it to hold
an
> LNB for either Dish or Directv. Anybody know if such is possible?

agn
August 31st 03, 06:07 PM
Attach a wire to the LNB, stick it up your ass, hold the dish over your head
and stand on the roof during the next lightning storm.

It's called thinning the herd.

"WichitaRedneck" > wrote in message
> As I see these sometimes laying around here and there, I wonder of they
are of
> any use. I examined one closer but I see no easy way to convert it to hold
an
> LNB for either Dish or Directv. Anybody know if such is possible?

Sean
August 31st 03, 07:21 PM
In article >, WichitaRedneck wrote:
> As I see these sometimes laying around here and there, I wonder of they are of
> any use. I examined one closer but I see no easy way to convert it to hold an
> LNB for either Dish or Directv. Anybody know if such is possible?

They'll probably be good for getting the new 105 or 121 channels
on Dish.

....Sean.

Jim
September 3rd 03, 03:48 PM
You can put an RCA LNB on that dish very easy, make a spacer out of 1 or
.. .
wrote:
> > As I see these sometimes laying around here and there, I wonder of they
are of
> > any use. I examined one closer but I see no easy way to convert it to
hold an
> > LNB for either Dish or Directv. Anybody know if such is possible?
>
> They'll probably be good for getting the new 105 or 121 channels
> on Dish.
>
> ...Sean.

September 4th 03, 05:14 PM
WichitaRedneck > wrote:
> As I see these sometimes laying around here and there, I wonder of they are of
> any use. I examined one closer but I see no easy way to convert it to hold an
> LNB for either Dish or Directv. Anybody know if such is possible?

They are often used for long wireless internet links.

Here is a good link on feeding a parabolic reflector:
http://www.trevormarshall.com/biquad.htm

--
---