HomeCinemaBanter

HomeCinemaBanter (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/index.php)
-   UK sky (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Channel Changes (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/showthread.php?t=21801)

carl March 22nd 04 10:07 PM

"CE" wrote in message
"Hiram Hackenbacker" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:46:24 -0000, Dom Robinson
wrote:

There are to be numerous changes tomorrow (22/3/04.

See -

http://skydigital.mediabullet.co.uk/...wentertainment

The new line-up of Sky Digital entertainment channels after the

changes
will
be as follows:

Any reason why?

The above source states:-

"The shiftaround is intended to free up space in the Sky line-up to
enable new channels to launch later in the year".

I can't see how this change has actually created any additional space.

As channels launch at the end of the section of the EPG they choose to be
in, tomorrows re-shuffle will create the following spaces for upcoming
channels -

235, 238, 241, 250, 253, 256, 259, 265, 268, 271, 274, 277, 280, 283, 286,
292.

244 and 262 are already vacant following the closures of CNX and Simply
Nostalgia last year.

It would be seen as un-fair if a brand new channel got to use 160 (for
example) as chances are it would pick up a lot more viewers than a new
channel on 298, so the re-shuffle is being carried out to create

additional
space for any future channels.

You mean in the way the BBC3 and BBC4 somehow moved from the middle of
nowhere up to 115 and 116 or whatever they are?

--
Carl
Planet SF news at http://news.planet-sf.co.uk

"A year's supply of beer for sod all"

---

CE March 22nd 04 10:58 PM

"carl" wrote in message
news:drJ7c.1102$%[email protected]

You mean in the way the BBC3 and BBC4 somehow moved from the middle of
nowhere up to 115 and 116 or whatever they are?

Yes, that was quite strange, and I can only put it down to being a result of
the deal they struck with Sky with regards to the BBC Regions last year.

a March 24th 04 04:35 PM

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
In uk.tech.tv.sky Dom Robinson wrote:
:
: The new line-up of Sky Digital entertainment channels after the changes

will
: be as follows:

: Any reason why?

A rationalisation and tidy-up apparently.

Its like when they move all the aisles round in the supermarket - make you
aware of what you are missing ;o)

Charlie Pearce March 24th 04 06:51 PM

On 22 Mar 2004 19:04:00 GMT, Brian McIlwrath
wrote:

In uk.tech.tv.sky Dom Robinson wrote:
:
: The new line-up of Sky Digital entertainment channels after the changes will
: be as follows:

: Any reason why?

A rationalisation and tidy-up apparently.

Sad anoraky question - have any channels moved more than once?

Charlie

--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs

Mark Fraser March 24th 04 11:37 PM

wrote:

In uk.tech.tv.sky Dom Robinson wrote:
:
: The new line-up of Sky Digital entertainment channels after the
: changes will be as follows:

: Any reason why?

A rationalisation and tidy-up apparently.

Sad anoraky question - have any channels moved more than once?

Charlie

I think Rapture TV's changed places twice.

BTW if anyone here's using Ovation Pro, I've got a downloadable channel
guide on my website. www.mfraz.freeserve.co.uk and click on Files.

--
How's life treating you?
It's not, Sammy, but you can!

|\ /| ark Fraser www.mfraser.ukgateway.net

Mark Fraser March 24th 04 11:37 PM

CE March 25th 04 07:53 AM

wrote:

Sad anoraky question - have any channels moved more than once?

Charlie

I think Rapture TV's changed places twice.

Rapture TV has actually been on quite a few numbers:-

187 - Launch until early 2001
458 - Early 2001 until it closed in October 2001
232 - July until August 2002 (Re-launch that they clearly weren't ready for,
only lasted a few weeks.)
265 - May 2003 (Successful relanch)
205 - March 2004 -