HomeCinemaBanter

HomeCinemaBanter (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/index.php)
-   UK sky (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sky Gnome (http://www.homecinemabanter.com/showthread.php?t=37323)

Brian McKenna October 24th 05 04:52 PM

Sky Gnome

Has anyone ordered a Sky Gnome yet,I have and I am looking forward to
getting it as I listen to the radio quite a lot.I also have a second digibox
so a channel change wont interfere with the main family digibox!

Nigel Barker October 25th 05 08:50 AM

Sky Gnome

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:52:28 +0100, "Brian McKenna" wrote:

Has anyone ordered a Sky Gnome yet,I have and I am looking forward to
getting it as I listen to the radio quite a lot.I also have a second digibox
so a channel change wont interfere with the main family digibox!

Where have you ordered from? I've not been able to find them on sale anywhere.

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

Brian McKenna October 25th 05 10:44 AM

Sky Gnome

Where have you ordered from? I've not been able to find them on sale
anywhere.

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

Hey there

Just to let you know I have arrived and I am ready to roam!

I cost 69.99 plus p&p - Just a one off payment with no additional
subscription charge.

If you want me, simply call my agent on 08702 41 80 90 and they will arrange
for me to be dropped off at your place. But you gotta be quick as initial
stocks are limited!

I'll be delivered direct to your door, Mon to Fri via courier...and if you'
re not in, no problem- the courier will leave a card for you to collect me
or arrange a second delivery.

Looking forward to meeting you

Bye for now

Sky Gnome

Please do not respond to this email. For more information about me, click
here

P&P: Postage and packaging is 6.50 per Sky Gnome purchased for delivery in
England, Wales, Scotland (excluding Highlands and Islands). For Northern
Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Islands, the Channel Islands and Isle of Man
postage and packaging is 13.99 per Sky Gnome. Delivery charges are subject
to change. Sky Gnome is not currently available in ROI. General: Digital
satellite system required. Sky digital subscription required for Sky digital
programming. Initial stocks are limited so delivery may be subject to delay.
All prices inclusive of VAT and subject to change. Calls cost up to 7 pence
per minute for BT customers. Charges from other providers may vary. Further
conditions apply - visit sky.com/skygnome. Information correct at time of
issue 10/05.

Roy October 25th 05 11:04 AM

Sky Gnome

"Nigel Barker" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:52:28 +0100, "Brian McKenna" wrote:

Has anyone ordered a Sky Gnome yet,I have and I am looking forward to
getting it as I listen to the radio quite a lot.I also have a second
digibox
so a channel change wont interfere with the main family digibox!

Where have you ordered from? I've not been able to find them on sale
anywhere.

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

See http://www1.sky.com/skygnome/ or phone 08702 41 80 90.

My gnome is due within the hour...

Roy

Brian McKenna October 25th 05 11:41 AM

Sky Gnome

See http://www1.sky.com/skygnome/ or phone 08702 41 80 90.

My gnome is due within the hour...

Let us know what you think of it,if you don't mind?My gnome is not due until
tomorrow!

Roy October 25th 05 02:08 PM

Sky Gnome

"Brian McKenna" wrote in message
See http://www1.sky.com/skygnome/ or phone 08702 41 80 90.

My gnome is due within the hour...

Let us know what you think of it,if you don't mind?My gnome is not due
until
tomorrow!

Will do but my gnome appears to of got lost en route. Was due by noon...

Roy

Norman October 25th 05 02:43 PM

Sky Gnome

"Roy" wrote in message
. uk...
"Brian McKenna" wrote in message
See http://www1.sky.com/skygnome/ or phone 08702 41 80 90.

My gnome is due within the hour...

Let us know what you think of it,if you don't mind?My gnome is not due
until
tomorrow!

Will do but my gnome appears to of got lost en route. Was due by noon...

Roy

Probably turned into a Gnomad ; )

When did you order yours? I called Friday afternoon, was rather hoping it
would turn up today too.

Norman

Roy October 25th 05 02:56 PM

Sky Gnome

"Norman" wrote in message

"Roy" wrote in message
. uk...
"Brian McKenna" wrote in message
See http://www1.sky.com/skygnome/ or phone 08702 41 80 90.

My gnome is due within the hour...

Let us know what you think of it,if you don't mind?My gnome is not due
until
tomorrow!

Will do but my gnome appears to of got lost en route. Was due by noon...

Roy

Probably turned into a Gnomad ; )

When did you order yours? I called Friday afternoon, was rather hoping it
would turn up today too.

Norman

I resisted making any comments like that! Ordered on Friday evening. Just
been advised that order was processed OK but should be 'by 3.30pm' and not
as incorrectly advised 'by noon'. Courier is Parceline, but could Sky not
give consignment number to track.

Roy

Roy October 25th 05 02:58 PM

Sky Gnome

"Roy" wrote in message
. uk...
"Norman" wrote in message

"Roy" wrote in message
. uk...
"Brian McKenna" wrote in message
See http://www1.sky.com/skygnome/ or phone 08702 41 80 90.

My gnome is due within the hour...

Let us know what you think of it,if you don't mind?My gnome is not due
until
tomorrow!

Will do but my gnome appears to of got lost en route. Was due by noon...

Roy

Probably turned into a Gnomad ; )

When did you order yours? I called Friday afternoon, was rather hoping it
would turn up today too.

Norman

I resisted making any comments like that! Ordered on Friday evening. Just
been advised that order was processed OK but should be 'by 3.30pm' and not
as incorrectly advised 'by noon'. Courier is Parceline, but could Sky not
give consignment number to track.

Roy

Oops, should read "...but Sky could not give consignment number to track."

Roy

Roy October 25th 05 04:59 PM

Sky Gnome

My gnome has arrived. It is made by Global Communications
www.globalcom.co.uk

Initial impression is that it is a bit more substantial than expected, i.e.
heavier. Sound quality is OK considering speaker positioning, but a bit
tinny, the metal grills do not help. Will probably use with some small
amplified speakers. Comes with a smaller gnome 'base station'. Connects to
the RF, RS232 and audio phonos. Shame no phono loop out so will lose phono
connection to hi-fi (mini hi-fi with no phono out so need SCART with
breakout I think). For my use, listening to radio 7 etc around home in
highlands where no DAB signal, the gnome should be ideal.

Roy