Showing results 1 to 25 of 276
Search took 14.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Hall[_2_]
Forum: UK digital tv August 23rd 19, 09:29 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 33
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Nothing worth bothering about on tv

In message , tim...
writes
"The basic telescope was invented due to a *revolution* in science"

I don't remember anyone saying that. (But my...
Forum: UK digital tv August 23rd 19, 11:36 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 43
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Sad news

In message , Robin
writes
I hope Bill will forgive me for reposting from uk.d-i-y the bit quoted
below but it was news to me...
Forum: UK digital tv August 21st 19, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 33
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Nothing worth bothering about on tv

In message , tim...
writes

"John Hall" wrote in message
In...
Forum: UK digital tv August 21st 19, 11:35 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 33
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Nothing worth bothering about on tv

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen
to tv, despite reading the listings of...
Forum: UK digital tv June 29th 19, 11:22 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 87
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Freeview retune

In message , tim...
writes
so nonsense such as QVC, Create&Craft and Gems TV (basically shopping
channels) all stay on a normal...
Forum: UK digital tv June 27th 19, 05:36 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Glastonbury / Wimbledon extra channels

In message , writes
Brian Gaff wrote:
Well they are already doing radio commentaries on all county cricket...
Forum: UK digital tv May 30th 19, 07:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 42
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Sky Box Kaput

In message , Jeff Gaines
writes

Last night's Sky+ HD upgrade seems to have toasted my Sky Box, it can't
find my...
Forum: UK digital tv May 21st 19, 11:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 31
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Pink Not Going Out

In message , Bill Wright
writes
On 20/05/2019 23:47, Java Jive wrote:
On 20/05/2019 21:17, Bill Wright wrote:

On 20/05/2019 21:13,...
Forum: UK digital tv February 27th 19, 11:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 126
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
BBC Scotland shock horror

In message , Roderick
Stewart writes
On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 10:03:56 +0000, John Hall
Forum: UK digital tv February 27th 19, 11:03 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 126
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
BBC Scotland shock horror

In message , Davey
writes
"Went the Day Well?".

I know it's the title of a film, but I can't imagine anyone actually
saying that.
--
John...
Forum: UK digital tv February 25th 19, 07:35 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

In message , NY
writes
I will now confess to a mondegreen of my own. In the Neil Diamond song
"Forever in Blue Jeans", I...
Forum: UK digital tv February 25th 19, 05:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 126
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
BBC Scotland shock horror

In message , NY
writes
And Crawley in Sussex versus Cranley in Surrey: the latter changed its
spelling in the 1860s to...
Forum: UK digital tv February 25th 19, 03:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 126
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
BBC Scotland shock horror

In message , NY
writes
That use of "pronounced" to mean "exception, noteworthy" as opposed to
"said in this way" always gets...
Forum: UK digital tv February 24th 19, 04:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 126
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
BBC Scotland shock horror

In message , Scott
writes
On 24 Feb 2019 12:14:46 GMT, "Jeff Gaines"
wrote:

On...
Forum: UK digital tv February 24th 19, 04:32 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 126
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
BBC Scotland shock horror

In message , Scott
writes
On 24 Feb 2019 11:04:57 GMT, "Jeff Gaines"
wrote:

It is...
Forum: UK digital tv February 24th 19, 11:17 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 126
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
BBC Scotland shock horror

In message , Bill Wright
writes
On satellite on the channel name they've forgotten to leave a space
between 'Scotland' and 'HD'! Is this the...
Forum: UK digital tv February 15th 19, 08:41 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 128
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Put a date on this!

In message , Bill Wright
writes
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
The introduction of new equipment and techniques into the BBC
Television Service is a...
Forum: UK digital tv January 13th 19, 09:12 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 34
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
Blocked by digital recording management

In message , Jeff Layman
writes
Looking at some possibilities for replacing my PVR, I noticed in some
Humax manuals that one icon meant...
Forum: UK digital tv December 3rd 18, 11:04 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 145
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
The olden days

In message , Vir Campestris
writes
On 03/12/2018 18:58, John Hall wrote:
PS: I can see four messages of yours in this thread, and...
Forum: UK digital tv December 3rd 18, 07:58 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 145
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
The olden days

In message , John Hall
writes
In message , Dave W
Forum: UK digital tv December 3rd 18, 07:31 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 145
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
The olden days

In message , Dave W
writes

Testing. This one is Base64

I don't think it is Base64. The message's headers include:

Posted By John Hall[_2_]
The olden days

In message , Vir Campestris
writes
On 29/11/2018 10:33, John Hall wrote:
Our local buses - back then run by the "Aldershot and...
Forum: UK digital tv November 29th 18, 11:33 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 145
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
The olden days

In message , NY
writes
My dad can remember when he was a lad, maybe in the 1940s, that buses
used to have a sign "All tickets...
Forum: UK digital tv November 28th 18, 08:57 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 145
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
The olden days

In message , NY
writes
Also, the spelling of Cranleigh south-east of Guildford (on the old
railway to Christ's Hospital) was...
Forum: UK digital tv November 17th 18, 09:00 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 145
Posted By John Hall[_2_]
The olden days

In message , Bob Latham