Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Forum: High definition TV May 6th 11, 01:59 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
TV as a monitor?

"Stephen H. Fischer"
wrote:

you do need to increase the font sizes and use the magnifier sometimes.

wouldn't it be better to have an OS designed with 10
foot...
Forum: High definition TV May 5th 11, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
TV as a monitor?

I don't know how a user interface designed to be used
from two feet away could EVER be good at 10 feet away.
Forum: High definition TV February 23rd 11, 11:38 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Hooking laptop to HDTV using TEN foot HDMI cable?

me again wrote:

But if the computer has a tv 'tuner' or download that can be
put into one screen... so it should work.

have given up on tuners in computers

more...
Forum: High definition TV February 23rd 11, 09:05 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Hooking laptop to HDTV using TEN foot HDMI cable?

" CLicker wrote:

In practice, however, I seldom employed this feature, and haven't at
all for at least two years, as I tend to be a serial processor -
devoting my attention...
Forum: High definition TV February 22nd 11, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Hooking laptop to HDTV using TEN foot HDMI cable?

George Kerby wrote:

The MacBook Pro is the computer for you. It can 'mirror' as well as be
independent. Just works better, too.

if I could only afford it

my new laptop...
Forum: High definition TV February 22nd 11, 06:11 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Hooking laptop to HDTV using TEN foot HDMI cable?

"Chas" wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood your request. The same image appears on the TV and
the Laptop.

probably my fault.... didn't word it well

but yes that what I want to...
Forum: High definition TV February 21st 11, 04:36 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Hooking laptop to HDTV using TEN foot HDMI cable?

"Chas" wrote:

The picture on the large screen is very good depending on the source. By
the way, when I said earlier to use the function key to switch displays,
that's the...
Forum: High definition TV February 21st 11, 01:27 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Hooking laptop to HDTV using TEN foot HDMI cable?

"Chas" wrote:

Yes, I'm using a 12 foot HDMI cable for my setup. Using the "Function" key
on the laptop you can view either the TV, the laptop display, or both. See
your...
Forum: High definition TV February 20th 11, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Hooking laptop to HDTV using TEN foot HDMI cable?

I just bought a laptop with HDMI out port

Can I hook it up to my HDTV that sits 10 feet away so
as to play videos from the laptop to the TV..... yet
still continue to surf the net or use app's ON...
Forum: High definition TV February 17th 11, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Samsung UN46C6800 2D LED HDTV

UCLAN wrote:

Although 3DTV is getting lots of attention these days, sales of 3D sets are
still relatively small in terms of the overall market. For some, 3D is a...
Forum: High definition TV January 21st 11, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
IPS panels: Are sets with these the ONLY one to get?

Jan B wrote:

* My TV is a "100Hz" model and I value the motion interpolation in
film material, that mostly avoids the motion 'judder' (25 or 24Hz
stroboscope) effect. The used...
Forum: High definition TV January 20th 11, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
IPS panels: Are sets with these the ONLY one to get?

wrote:

Should one completely avoid TVs that do NOT have IPS
panels?

Or dos it depend on the size of the TV, etc?

No advice?
Forum: High definition TV January 17th 11, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
IPS panels: Are sets with these the ONLY one to get?

Should one completely avoid TVs that do NOT have IPS
panels?

Or dos it depend on the size of the TV, etc?
Forum: High definition TV January 6th 11, 01:59 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Is buying anything LESS than a 32" HDTV a bad "investment"?

I live in a one room efficiency apartment and honestly
could get buy with a 26" maybe even 23" HDTV

But I'm wondering if buying anything less than a 32"
is a bad investment?

For one I cant find...
Forum: High definition TV December 27th 10, 05:58 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
HDTV with no headphone jack: Can I still hook laptop to it?

Andrew Rossmann
wrote:

So the TV does not have a 'PC' input? What outputs does the laptop have?

Yes TV has PC input... but no headphone OUTPUT

The lap only...
Forum: High definition TV December 27th 10, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
HDTV with no headphone jack: Can I still hook laptop to it?

Jan B wrote:

A "headphone jack" would output audio _from_ the TV.
I think what you want is to _input_ video and sound ?

DOH!!

Yes the above is what I want... to input video...
Forum: High definition TV December 26th 10, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
HDTV with no headphone jack: Can I still hook laptop to it?

I'm looking at a good deal on a Pan HDTV with IPS panel
(32")..... but the set has no "headphone" jack!!

Can I still hook up a laptop to such a TV to use a big
monitor and get audio in...
Forum: High definition TV November 14th 10, 06:15 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Which unit makes best Tv AND PC monitor?

Wes Newell wrote:

Well I went ahead and ordered a 32" Panasonic HDTV with IPS panel
tonight. From Amazon.... we will see how I like it

For me, it would be too big...
Forum: High definition TV November 14th 10, 04:17 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Which unit makes best Tv AND PC monitor?

Jim Wilkins wrote:

If it's at monitor distance and only you are watching, it should be
fine. My 22" TV is too small for two people to sit and watch, though.

Well I went ahead...
Forum: High definition TV November 13th 10, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Which unit makes best Tv AND PC monitor?

"The dog from that film you saw"
wrote:

a pc monitor will be too small for tv watching - unless you like sitting
real close.

I've seen 26" PC monitors

You...
Forum: High definition TV November 13th 10, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Which unit makes best Tv AND PC monitor?

Jim Wilkins wrote:

What spec would tell me the above info?

See if the video card can match the native resolution of the display.

However my two Radeon video cards didn't...
Forum: High definition TV November 13th 10, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Which unit makes best Tv AND PC monitor?

"Daniel who wants to know" wrote:

I wouldn't worry about panel type as much as making sure it can do 1:1 pixel
mapping on your PC input of choice.

What spec would tell me the above...
Forum: High definition TV November 12th 10, 12:44 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Which unit makes best Tv AND PC monitor?

I've been wanting to buy a HDTV..... maybe 32" or 26"

It will be used heavily as a PC monitor as well as a
"TV".

I've been told that units with IPS panels are best.....
but its hard to determine...
Forum: High definition TV October 21st 10, 01:45 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
Will general puprose computers used for HTPC be replaced by Google, etc?

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

It doesn't even need an internal tuner card if you use something
like HD HomeRun's Ethernet-connected tuners.

That might be the route I go above as then I...
Forum: High definition TV October 20th 10, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
Will general puprose computers used for HTPC be replaced by Google, etc?

RickMerrill wrote:

That's true; but I didn't see that DVR-ness was an issue in this thread.

well the "DVRing" could be done by any PC on the home
network yes?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500