Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Del Mibbler
Forum: High definition TV February 22nd 18, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 1
Posted By Del Mibbler
My 2012 Toshiba only scans for analog

Rich Gallagher wrote:

TV was fine until I removed the cables and reattached. When turned back on no channels found. I've tried to scan again, no luck. I reset to factory...
Forum: High definition TV September 29th 17, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 3
Posted By Del Mibbler
Can't get digital channels to auto scan on older vizio gallevia only analog channels

wrote:

So this tv, older. vizio gallevia was getting digital channels on antenna for awhile then we moved it to another room and it had cable. Now its back in bedroom and we...
Forum: High definition TV April 12th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 2
Posted By Del Mibbler
Where is KCBS-DT ?

"G-squared" wrote:

On Apr 11, 8:21 pm, "G-squared" wrote:
No Criminal Minds in HD _this_ weekend. KCBS-DT LA is presently off
the air. I stumbled...
Forum: High definition TV April 11th 07, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By Del Mibbler
Anyone notice...

wrote:

Agent_C wrote:
Boston Legal was not broadcast in HD last night, even though it always
is and was listed as such in the...
Forum: High definition TV February 6th 07, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 4
Posted By Del Mibbler
UHF HDTV simple loop antenna

"scorman" wrote (in part):

WIVT-DT 34.1 ABC 134 6.8 4
TV scan can't find this one

Not surprising, with a UHF loop.

You might be better off with rabbit
Forum: High definition TV February 6th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 4
Posted By Del Mibbler
UHF HDTV simple loop antenna

"scorman" (a.k.a. Stew Corman from sunny
Endicott) wrote (in part):

I made a single loop antenna of 8 inch diameter, stuck it on a
coax adapter and surprisingly got OTA...
Forum: High definition TV February 1st 07, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 0
Posted By Del Mibbler
Need Help Installing HD Receiver

wrote:

Pic Below,this is just a cardboard diagram of the back of my Tv,I just
got a receiver in today,can I use just a monster cable to hook the box
to tv? The Box has a...
Forum: High definition TV January 15th 07, 04:49 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 11
Posted By Del Mibbler
My OTA is bad only 6 miles from the transmitters

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote (in part):

In article ,
Del Mibbler wrote:

If your HDTV has two RF inputs,...
Forum: High definition TV January 15th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 4
Posted By Del Mibbler
And the reason the Chargers/Patriots game is not HD is (Albany, NY)?

Nobody wrote:

Local CBS affiliate (WRGB 6) has a 1080i signal, but I have black side
bars. CBS having a problem everywhere?

WRGB is in widescreen HD at 18:16. I did notice...
Forum: High definition TV January 15th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 11
Posted By Del Mibbler
My OTA is bad only 6 miles from the transmitters

In addition to the good advice you've gotten from others ("ditch the
preamp" would be high on my list) and especially numeric's advice on
powering the preamp through splitters, the electrician who...
Forum: High definition TV January 11th 07, 07:55 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 118
Posted By Del Mibbler
Why are ATSC tuners so rare

"G-squared" wrote (in part):

Here is an excerpt from the SIR-T165 service manual on page 12

The BCM3510 is a digital receiver compatible with both
North American digital...
Forum: High definition TV December 28th 06, 05:39 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By Del Mibbler
Not seeing "all" the picture

Lee Peedin wrote (in part):

TV: Polaroid FLM-323B 32" LCD
Satellite: Dish Network VIP 211 (HD)
Video Connection: Component

When viewing the HD channels from Dish...
Forum: High definition TV December 28th 06, 08:34 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 13
Posted By Del Mibbler
Bare minimum CPU requirements for HD playback

wrote (in part):

I'm trying to playback HD video using an Athon Thunderbird 900 mhz
processor with 512 RAM under Windows XP. Unfortunately, this isn't
quite enough to playback...
Forum: High definition TV December 23rd 06, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 6
Posted By Del Mibbler
Component to S-Video converter?

Carlos Moreno wrote (in
part):

A quick Google search returns nothing --- anyone out here familiar
with one of these beasts available commercially? ...
Forum: High definition TV December 10th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 118
Posted By Del Mibbler
Why are ATSC tuners so rare

"Sid Druen" wrote (in part):

I am a novice trying to find a simple cheap solution to a situation that
this group may be able to help me with. I have an early HDTV without an...
Forum: High definition TV November 29th 06, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 23
Posted By Del Mibbler
HDTV OTA Antenna with rotor

"hogman" wrote (in part):

I guess I'm not very clear. The set will only receive DTV channels it
saved from autoscan. Thus when antenna is rotated after autoscan
finding (3,9,18) you...
Forum: High definition TV November 29th 06, 05:19 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 15
Posted By Del Mibbler
Rookie OTA Digital Tuner talk

"swangdb" wrote (in part):

I want to get a digital tuner or a TV with a digital tuner since
most of the local channels are also being broadcast in digital format.
For now I'd...
Forum: High definition TV November 28th 06, 11:40 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 7
Posted By Del Mibbler
Dumb HDTV question

wrote (in part):

Example....I buy this 26" HDTV.

I hook up the off air antenna to one input for digital
channels..... and the cable to other input for analog
channels (or maybe...
Forum: High definition TV November 26th 06, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 15
Posted By Del Mibbler
what happens to tvguide when ota goes digital?

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote (in part):

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 02:33:44 -0500, RobertVA wrote:

Del Mibbler wrote:
I have an HD DVR that uses the Gemstar guide....
Forum: High definition TV November 24th 06, 08:17 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 15
Posted By Del Mibbler
what happens to tvguide when ota goes digital?

"Eric" wrote:

Muffy Links wrote:
I currently own a digital tv that receives an analog tvguide ota. I have
owned this tv for a couple of years. I am curiuos as to...
Forum: High definition TV November 21st 06, 06:17 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 5
Posted By Del Mibbler
Considering my use, what features should I look for?

"jtpryan" wrote (in part):

. . . if I purchase a video card for my PC with DVI out, then get a cable that
converts this to HDMI, I should be all set?

That should work, but it...
Forum: High definition TV November 21st 06, 05:34 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 9
Posted By Del Mibbler
Black Friday Doorbuster laptop for portable HDTV?

Joe Moore wrote:

I just saw that the following Toshiba laptop will be available for 250
bucks on Black...
Forum: High definition TV November 19th 06, 10:30 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 37
Posted By Del Mibbler
Does An Economical HDTV Exist?

common_ wrote (in part):

skip wrote:
Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U DVHS VCR look it up in Google

Its not HD,,,,though it is a nice unit.

But again,,this group...
Forum: High definition TV November 19th 06, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 17
Posted By Del Mibbler
Does A PORTABLE HDTV Exist?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote (in part):

My primary requirement is PORTABILITY not high def.

I will be wanting a HDTV set that can be brought to a campsite.

If one...
Forum: High definition TV November 18th 06, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 37
Posted By Del Mibbler
Does An Economical HDTV Exist?

Bill Anderson wrote (in part):

My Panasonic plasma screen has no IEEE
1394 input. So I Googled a picture of the rear of the HS-HD2000U and
here's what I found. ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45