Showing results 1 to 25 of 282
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: the dog from that film you saw[_3_]
Forum: UK digital tv September 25th 16, 10:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 15
What is missing..

On 25/09/2016 09:48, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is component tv/audio like we used to get for hi fi.
I was reminded of this when I heard an advert by Samsung for their new
range of TVs, all,...
Forum: UK digital tv September 18th 16, 04:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 36
BT Sport

On 17/09/2016 21:50, Norman Wells wrote:
Having just moved to BT because Demon my erstwhile ISP decided to drop
its email service as part of an 'upgrade', I've now got BT Sport, only
it's...
Forum: UK digital tv August 10th 16, 05:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 35
classical music TV channel

On 10/08/2016 01:09, Bill Wright wrote:
Why isn't there a BBC TV channel devoted to classical music? After all,
those us who have the maturity of taste and intelligence to appreciate
classical...
Forum: UK digital tv June 24th 16, 05:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
Is your LED screen backlight needlessly at 100%?

On 24/06/2016 11:30, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
Just been watching a repair video, guy changing LEDs in an LG set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf5T2wwtydY

His recommendation makes sense,...
Forum: UK digital tv May 9th 16, 10:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 88
Channel 5 HD

On 09/05/2016 20:29, critcher wrote:

if you record it yes.
but if you download it from the on demand section.....
obviously not anything you're actually paying for.

If I download from...
Forum: UK digital tv May 8th 16, 10:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 88
Channel 5 HD

On 08/05/2016 20:35, critcher wrote:

you could just as well ask why you can stream on demand on a freesat box
but you can't on a sky one.
different ways of doing the same thing - with...
Forum: UK digital tv May 8th 16, 07:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 88
Channel 5 HD

On 08/05/2016 14:47, critcher wrote:
On 04/05/2016 10:58, aa wrote:
Now on Freeview / YouView (Channel 105) and Freesat.

so nobody knows why I can record on-demand on sky, but not...
Forum: UK digital tv May 8th 16, 11:22 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 88
Channel 5 HD

On 08/05/2016 08:26, Martin wrote:

it does.
just turn them on using the help button on the sky remote.

You have to have them turned on at the time you make the recording, unless
things...
Forum: UK digital tv May 7th 16, 08:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 88
Channel 5 HD

On 07/05/2016 09:12, Martin wrote:

and why doesn't Sky record the subtitles unless subtitles were enabled at the
time the recording was made?

it does.
just turn them on using the help button...
Forum: UK digital tv May 5th 16, 10:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 88
Channel 5 HD

On 05/05/2016 09:51, Martin wrote:

A SKY box without a card won't show any HD channels at all. We discovered this
in a house we rented at Easter. Everything else was very luxurious. I didn't
Forum: UK digital tv February 7th 16, 07:01 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 13
BrightHouse

On 07/02/2016 13:39, Graham. wrote:

I used to spend a proportion of my working life fitting
slot-meters to the back of TV sets so people with bad credit
ratings could be changed more for...
Forum: UK digital tv January 31st 16, 04:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 9
1Gb download speed - in Canada

On 31/01/2016 11:16, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 31/01/16 11:09, Geoff Pearson wrote:
One of the world's duller countries is quite exciting for internet
connections. Where in Britain can we get...
Forum: UK digital tv January 31st 16, 04:02 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 31/01/2016 11:09, Geoff Pearson wrote:
One of the world's duller countries is quite exciting for internet
connections. Where in Britain can we get 1GB down/50Mb up?

Forum: UK digital tv January 6th 16, 10:10 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 10
Things are getting silly now

On 06/01/2016 20:32, Phi wrote:
http://www.techradar.com/news/television/lg-s-98-inch-uh9800-is-the-world-s-first-8k-hdr-tv-1312284

would be good for viewing your photos on though at something...
Forum: UK digital tv January 5th 16, 05:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
New Year Sponsored by Rolex.

On 05/01/2016 14:40, Peter Duncanson wrote:

In 2004, a re-launched celebrity version entitled Strictly Come
Dancing, hosted by Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly, debuted on BBC One,
Forum: UK digital tv January 4th 16, 05:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 29
New Year Sponsored by Rolex.

On 04/01/2016 08:56, Brian-Gaff wrote:
So there I was at 7pm on BBC 4 on new years day, and the concert started
from Austria. I was shocked to hear, many times that it was sponsored by
Rolex....
Forum: UK digital tv January 4th 16, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 114
Ultimate cost saving?

On 04/01/2016 12:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes I suspect they know nobody reads the damned thing anyway, but no
batteries? That is just stupid as even a cheapo clock normally comes
with...
Forum: UK digital tv November 23rd 15, 10:33 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 16
Upscaling

On 23/11/2015 21:03, Bill Wright wrote:
I've never thought much to the idea, but I must say my wife's new Humax
Freeview box really does make SD programmes look good. It was however
necessary...
Forum: UK digital tv November 19th 15, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 14
Sky Q launched

On 19/11/2015 15:09, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 12:53:18 +0000, Richard Tobin wrote:

In article ,
sintv ...
Forum: UK digital tv September 13th 15, 09:14 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 8
Slightly OT - Memory Upgrade

On 13/09/2015 15:14, Eddie King wrote:
Hi all,
apologies for what is slightly OT, but being a longtime reader of this
NG I value the expertise on offer.

My slightly ageing PC has an MSI...
Forum: UK digital tv September 13th 15, 02:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 38
Last night of the proms - HD sound out of sync

On 13/09/2015 12:37, Maurice wrote:
On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:31:53 +0000, I wrote:

- I first noticed it when the violinist was playing the Ravel
piece, and then consistently after that e.g....
Forum: High definition TV August 29th 15, 07:03 AM Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Replies: 4
TV as a monitor?

On 28/08/2015 22:30, wrote:
I'm coming into possession of a Toshiba 32" flat screen TV. It was my
mother-in-laws, who is now in a nursing home. The set is maybe two years...
Forum: UK digital tv August 2nd 15, 03:56 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 156
4k TV on Freesat or Freeview?

On 02/08/2015 14:06, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
So when, if ever, will any of the Freesat or Freeview channels
convert to 4K?

Sky is apparently launching a new 4K and/or...
Forum: UK digital tv July 30th 15, 10:15 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 26
Out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship

On 30/07/2015 19:32, Phi wrote:
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are reuniting to create
an all-new car show, exclusively for Amazon Prime. The show will be
produced by the trio's...
Forum: UK digital tv June 10th 15, 05:17 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 33
BT sport in 4K

On 09/06/2015 23:52, Andy Burns wrote:
From August, but only streamed to VDSL customers ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33062026

but given it's online delivery, will it actually...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 282