Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts From Last Day
Look !, no hands (aeriel actually) by Andrew[_6_]
The recent rain has made TV reception a bit iffy in my house. I am 10 miles from Midhurst and the 15 element group C/D aerial blew down in 2000 so I lashed it up in the loft with some string as a temporary measure .... 19 years and many transmitter retunes later and Quest is impossible (LCN 29 I...
Yesterday 09:10 PM
by Andrew[_6_] Go to last post
6 3 UK digital tv
OT: reprocessing mono by Scott[_4_]
I'm just going through some old records and I see some are marked as 'mono recordings electronically reprocessed to give a stereo effect on stereo equipment'. Before the days of computer software, how did they do this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 06:01 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
11 44 UK digital tv
SOT: Have I got no news for you by Java Jive[_3_]
On 12/06/2019 08:38, Jeff Gaines wrote: On 11/06/2019 in message Java Jive wrote: if I knew what I was voting for, how can there have been? If you thought you were voting for anything more than a common market then you didn't know what you were voting...
Yesterday 04:28 PM
by Alex[_4_] Go to last post
9 63 UK digital tv
Sky Q by Jeff Gaines
Had the Sky Q box (and new LNB) fitted today. Nothing remarkable except the engineer had to drill the wall for a fitting to hold his ladder in place before he could go up it. Is this the new norm? -- Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 03:21 PM
by Jeff Gaines Go to last post
12 31 UK digital tv
Aerial operation by [email protected]
I am aware of the theory of aerial dimensions - wavelength, speed of light, and such, but what I am having real trouble visualising is the actual physical function of these things. Can anyone help? Tuned radio waves are photons of a particular frequency, and they are produced by an alternating...
Yesterday 12:44 PM
by David Woolley[_2_] Go to last post
7 32 UK digital tv
SOT: Have I got no news for you by Jeff Layman[_2_]
On 11/06/19 22:02, Java Jive wrote: On 11/06/2019 13:05, Jeff Layman wrote: On 11/06/19 12:23, Alex wrote: Also, people voted in 1975 to join (not remain in) a European economic community, not a political union. The two are quite different. The referendum in 1975 asked "Do...
Yesterday 12:32 PM
by Java Jive[_3_] Go to last post
3 53 UK digital tv
SOT: Have I got no news for you by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Andy Burns wrote: Of course, my point (as others also try to make to Charles) is that % of the electorate is spurious, only % of those that vote is meaningful. Unless, of course, someone is trying to mis-label it as "the will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 11:02 AM
by Martin[_3_] Go to last post
17 63 UK digital tv
You're nearly all still here. Amazon Fire USB stick question by madge
I was given a Version 1 Amazon Fire USB stick for free but no remote, the giver can't find it down the back of the sofa?? Is it really worth buying one of the Hong Kong £7.50 remote copies on ebay? Thanks in advance.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 10:56 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
11 136 UK digital tv
OT: Itís that conversation again. by Martin[_3_]
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 07:59:29 +0100, Indy Jess John wrote: On 12/06/2019 07:40, wrote: So 7 pounds a month for ten years is 840 quid..... That's an expensive dishwasher...... :-) But 10 years on, that might be the going rate for a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 01:32 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
14 78 UK digital tv