Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 1.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Felicity S.
Forum: UK digital tv March 25th 10, 06:55 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 62
Posted By Felicity S.
Just got an HD telly - also just discovered HD is a bloke thing!

Col wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

The thing is though, unless the picture is really awful, if the
program does not demand hd, and you get into it, then nobody I know
Forum: UK digital tv March 25th 10, 06:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 62
Posted By Felicity S.
Just got an HD telly - also just discovered HD is a bloke thing!

Steve Thackery wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

If I might be permitted by this newsgroup to make a slightly technical
point, might I suggest that you are not watching anything in SD on your
Forum: UK digital tv March 24th 10, 10:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc

Brian Gaff wrote:

The thing is though, unless the picture is really awful, if the program
does not demand hd, and you get into it, then nobody I know notices if
its hd or not, no matter what...
Forum: UK digital tv March 24th 10, 10:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 62
Posted By Felicity S.
Just got an HD telly - also just discovered HD is a bloke thing!

Martin.R wrote:

Apart from the fact that this NG is nearly exclusively male, the
females in my family (I am in a minority of 1) seem to fail to
appreciate the joys of high-definition...
Forum: UK digital tv October 16th 09, 09:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Felicity S.
Switch off at the socket?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
Forum: UK digital tv March 6th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Felicity S.
Questions about new channels on Freeview

Graham. wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

Sofa - Spud wrote:

Mark Carver wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Forum: UK digital tv March 5th 09, 01:15 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Felicity S.
Questions about new channels on Freeview

Jonathan Harris small wrote:

On 3 Mar, 18:46, "Felicity S." [email protected] wrote:

I know that YeSTERDAY was UKTV History, but why the lower case 'e'?

Ye Olde stuff, innit?

The sterday?
Forum: UK digital tv March 5th 09, 01:13 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc

Sofa - Spud wrote:

Mark Carver wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:

I know that YeSTERDAY was UKTV History, but why the lower case 'e'?

Comes out as 'Yesterday' on my receivers.

No , on the...
Forum: UK digital tv March 5th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Felicity S.
Questions about new channels on Freeview

Edward A.Bowden wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

Is Dave ja vu (which used to be Dave +1) an awkward play on déjà vu?

You mean déja vu.

You mean "d e-acute j a-GRAVE v u".
Forum: UK digital tv March 5th 09, 01:10 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc

Agamemnon wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

I know that YeSTERDAY was UKTV History, but why the lower case 'e'?

It's written Yesterday on my Sony STB.

Look at the on-screen logo. I carefully wrote...
Forum: UK digital tv March 5th 09, 01:09 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Felicity S.
Questions about new channels on Freeview

Mark Carver wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

And for how much longer will QUEST (ie Discovery) be coming soon?

9 more weeks, Ref:-

http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/dtt/dtt.cgi
Forum: UK digital tv March 3rd 09, 07:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 43
Posted By Felicity S.
Questions about new channels on Freeview

Is Dave ja vu (which used to be Dave +1) an awkward play on déjà vu?

I know that YeSTERDAY was UKTV History, but why the lower case 'e'?

And for how much longer will QUEST (ie Discovery) be coming...
Forum: UK sky August 12th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 73
Posted By Felicity S.
Freesat Dish Question

Nigel Barker wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

Won't such people already have a dish, merely needing realignment?

I was thinking more of the fact that the only way to get the 'free'
digibox is...
Forum: UK sky August 4th 08, 10:15 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 73
Posted By Felicity S.
Freesat Dish Question

John Russell wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Krustov wrote:

They cant even work out that a sky box will probably sell for more
money on ebay than a old freesat box .

Forum: UK sky August 4th 08, 10:14 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 73
Posted By Felicity S.
Freesat Dish Question

Nigel Barker wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Krustov wrote:

They cant even work out that a sky box will probably sell for more
money on ebay than a old freesat box .

Forum: UK sky August 2nd 08, 02:46 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 73
Posted By Felicity S.
Freesat Dish Question

Gwyn wrote:

Krustov wrote:

They cant even work out that a sky box will probably sell for more
money on ebay than a old freesat box .

most people who get freesat are doing it for HD you'd...
Forum: UK sky July 24th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Felicity S.
Sky HD for £75

Zero Tolerance wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 00:08:44 BST, "Felicity S." [email protected]
wrote:

When I talk about using a HD recorder, I mean using it to record HD.

Oh, well if you insist...
Forum: UK sky July 24th 08, 02:27 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Felicity S.
Sky HD for £75

Nigel Barker wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 00:08:44 BST, "Felicity S." [email protected] wrote:

The cheap Sky+ HD box offer is dependent on you taking the subscription
HD channels for a...
Forum: UK sky July 24th 08, 02:26 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Felicity S.
Sky HD for £75

Ed wrote:

On Jul 22, 12:07*am, "Felicity S." [email protected] wrote:
Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:

you, but half the disk is locked for use...
Forum: UK digital tv July 24th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 47
Posted By Felicity S.
Freeview Playback rebranded Freeview Plus

J.Nugent wrote:

Quick question, if you're able to assist:

If a PVR is branded "Freeview Playback" (or "Freeview Plus"), does that
mean that it will have the facilities for:

(a) series link...
Forum: UK sky July 24th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 46

J.Nugent wrote:

Quick question, if you're able to assist:

If a PVR is branded "Freeview Playback" (or "Freeview Plus"), does that
mean that it will have the facilities for:

(a) series link...
Forum: UK sky July 22nd 08, 01:08 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Felicity S.
Sky HD for £75

Zero Tolerance wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

I'm appalled that they charge £10/month to use the HD box later on.

They don't charge you £10/month to use the HD box. There is a
£10/month...
Forum: UK sky July 22nd 08, 01:07 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Felicity S.
Sky HD for £75

Ed wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:

I'm not being picky. You keep telling me that I can get a HD box for
just £75 but if I want to watch TV with it, the...
Forum: UK sky July 21st 08, 01:45 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Felicity S.
Sky HD for £75

Ed wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

I'm not being picky. You keep telling me that I can get a HD box for
just £75 but if I want to watch TV with it, the cost is £417 for the

first year alone....
Forum: UK sky July 19th 08, 02:30 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Felicity S.
Sky HD for £75

Ed wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:
Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Ed wrote:

latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+
box or HD box for just £75
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42