Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 33.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Heslop
Forum: UK digital tv June 3rd 11, 06:07 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 28
Posted By Paul Heslop
Why Thin?

On 02/06/2011 11:52, Adrian C wrote:
Seems to be a race on, on who can make the thinnest flat panel TV.

Ok, so the things wall mountable - and could look good stuck on a wall -
but in most...
Forum: UK digital tv June 1st 11, 11:43 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 24
Posted By Paul Heslop
1080p or 720p

On 01/06/2011 11:34, Bruce wrote:
I'm trying to decide whether to buy a 1080p TV or save a few pounds
and buy 720p instead.

We already have a 1080p TV in our living room. The new TV will be...
Forum: UK sky April 4th 11, 12:49 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Heslop
Box Office

On 02/04/2011 23:27, Tony wrote:
Hello

I'm just about to cancel the movie channels, will I still be able to use Box
Office?

Tony

far as I recall mate. you pay a subscription for the...
Forum: UK sky January 1st 11, 08:42 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 4
PIN
Posted By Paul Heslop
PIN

On 01/01/2011 16:12, Mr Pounder wrote:
The wife likes to record films in the afternoon - Sky HD box.
She can watch all of these films but some are asking for a PIN to record
them.
I have no...
Forum: UK digital tv December 23rd 10, 08:24 PM Posted to alt.satellite.tv.europe,free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 73
Posted By Paul Heslop
Annoying Sound Problem

On 23/12/2010 18:59, the_constructor wrote:
Ever since I have had SKY+ I have noticed that whilst watching certain
channels, there is a dip in sound of about 2 seconds.

Is this a fault of the...
Forum: UK sky December 7th 10, 07:41 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Heslop
is this group dead?

On 07/12/2010 19:30, Professor Strabismus wrote:
"Paul Heslop" wrote:
according to thunderbird there hasn't been a post for over a month

The last post I can see is free movie from dee on...
Forum: UK sky December 7th 10, 07:43 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Heslop
is this group dead?

according to thunderbird there hasn't been a post for over a month
Forum: UK digital tv November 11th 10, 11:29 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Heslop
another alba 160gb hiccup

Now there was a time I would have taken that challenge up with relish
but now I just don't have the patience or anything. I do recall we had a
heck of a job getting one of the aerial leads in or...
Forum: UK digital tv November 10th 10, 11:09 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Heslop
another alba 160gb hiccup

ours started acting up over the weekend. first trick my wife was
watching a recording and stopped it for a while. when she tried to play
again it came up blank. reboot and it did it again. only way...
Forum: UK digital tv November 4th 10, 11:26 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul Heslop
Alba 160GB machine disgraces itself

I agree with this post

On 01/11/2010 10:45, Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
On 1 Nov, 09:14, "Brian wrote:
Is this some kind of interference through the mains that crashes...
Forum: UK digital tv October 31st 10, 10:13 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul Heslop
Alba 160GB machine disgraces itself

On 31/10/2010 15:26, Bill Wright wrote:
My lovely cheapo Alba DTT HDR finally blotted its copybook last night. I
should have smelt a rat when it wouldn't turn on from the remote.
Everything...
Forum: UK sky December 11th 09, 06:40 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Heslop
Re HD BOX Problem

Deebrief wrote:

Have other uses experienced over the last 4 weeks a sudden loss of picture,
going all green then returning in about 10 secs. This happens once a night
at a different time.
Forum: UK digital tv December 1st 09, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.media.dvd,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 60
Posted By Paul Heslop
home video on dvd Warning

Gary wrote:

I have just checked my DVDs with home video on them and some are unreadable
and some are fussy.

I suggest anyone with similar should do the same. before it is too late.

Vincent wrote:

"Gary" wrote in message
I have just checked my DVDs with home video on them and some are unreadable
Forum: UK digital tv December 1st 09, 04:00 PM Posted to alt.video.dvd.tech,uk.media.dvd,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.sky
Replies: 60
Posted By Paul Heslop
home video on dvd Warning

Gary wrote:

I have just checked my DVDs with home video on them and some are unreadable
and some are fussy.

I suggest anyone with similar should do the same. before it is too late.

Forum: UK digital tv October 29th 09, 09:30 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul Heslop
New channel coming on?

Peter Duncanson wrote:

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:20:12 +0000, fred wrote:

In article , Rod Keith
writes
Yesterday...
Forum: UK digital tv October 17th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 106
Posted By Paul Heslop
Total Moronic BBC Scheduling

Mark Carver wrote:

Agamemnon wrote:

Why didn't these ****ing morons put it on interactive.

Because I suspect F1's contract specifies if must be available on BBC 1 or 2

Forum: UK digital tv October 17th 09, 10:22 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 106
Posted By Paul Heslop
Total Moronic BBC Scheduling

Agamemnon wrote:

Who was the MORON at the BBC who decided to schedule the Grand Prix practice
session on BBC1 instead of Merlin and now it's overrunning into Strictly
Come Dancing by 15...
Forum: UK digital tv October 2nd 09, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Replies: 38
Posted By Paul Heslop
Blurovision

Ivan wrote:

I tuned in to the Jonathan Ross interview with Barbara Streisand on BBC one
Freesat this evening and noticed that the picture quality was unusually soft
and lacking in the usual...
Forum: UK digital tv September 15th 09, 10:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Heslop
OT - speakers

DL wrote:

I have a small flat screen digital in the bedroom (Teac HD), has standard
speaker outputs (2) can I in some way hook up a powered PC speaker 2.1 sys
(Sub + L&R speakers) to this?...
Forum: UK sky August 25th 09, 08:57 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 23
Posted By Paul Heslop
Problem recording Sky progs

Edster wrote:

Lynn W wrote:

On 25/8/09 16:57, in article ,
"Edster" wrote:

Forum: UK sky August 25th 09, 09:02 AM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 23
Posted By Paul Heslop
Problem recording Sky progs

Lynn W wrote:

On 24/8/09 23:44, in article , "Paul
Heslop" wrote:

Lynn W wrote:

I do hope the reboot fixes it...
Forum: UK sky August 24th 09, 11:46 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 23
Posted By Paul Heslop
Problem recording Sky progs

Lynn W wrote:

I just did a quick search on google and found this thread which
mentions the new viewing cards and not being able to record to...
Forum: UK sky August 24th 09, 11:44 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 23
Posted By Paul Heslop
Problem recording Sky progs

Lynn W wrote:

I do hope the reboot fixes it for you though
Unplugging was one of my first things I tried. I then tried changing each
scart with a different one in case one had gone faulty. ...
Forum: UK sky August 24th 09, 09:32 PM Posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Replies: 23
Posted By Paul Heslop
Problem recording Sky progs

Lynn W wrote: