Freesat box/Sky dish are they compatable

Old April 29th 08, 12:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Werner Heisenberg

Default Freesat box/Sky dish are they compatable

Will my existing Sky Dish work with the new Freesat boxes without
re-alignment?

Werner Heisenberg

I used to be uncertain on principle but now I am just undecided.
Old April 29th 08, 01:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Werner Heisenberg

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:17:09 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

On 29/04/2008 12:58, Werner Heisenberg wrote:

Will my existing Sky Dish work with the new Freesat boxes without
re-alignment?

yes

Thank you Andy, you just saved me 80.

Old April 29th 08, 01:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian McIlwrath

Werner Heisenberg wrote:
: Will my existing Sky Dish work with the new Freesat boxes without
: re-alignment?

Yes! - Freesat is just a new EPG system. The TV channels themselves are
exactly where they have always been on a Sky/FTA receiver (28.2E)
Old April 29th 08, 03:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

"Werner Heisenberg" wrote in message
Will my existing Sky Dish work with the new Freesat boxes without
re-alignment?

Have you still got Sky box?
Unless you getting a HD FreeSat box why change?
--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old April 29th 08, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Michael Chare

"Werner Heisenberg" wrote in message
Will my existing Sky Dish work with the new Freesat boxes without
re-alignment?

Werner Heisenberg

I used to be uncertain on principle but now I am just undecided.

If you had the original analogue Sky system then the dish will be point int
the wrong direction.

--
Michael Chare

Old April 29th 08, 06:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
"Werner Heisenberg" wrote in message
Will my existing Sky Dish work with the new Freesat boxes without
re-alignment?

Werner Heisenberg

I used to be uncertain on principle but now I am just undecided.

If you had the original analogue Sky system then the dish will be point
int the wrong direction.

And LNB wrong in that case.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group
--
Michael Chare

Old April 30th 08, 07:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Werner Heisenberg

I have FreeSky but now have a new HD TV but don't want to pay Sky for
the HD channels.

I will wait and see exactly which channels are available on Freesat.

Old April 30th 08, 08:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The dog from that film you saw

"Werner Heisenberg" wrote in message
I have FreeSky but now have a new HD TV but don't want to pay Sky for
the HD channels.

I will wait and see exactly which channels are available on Freesat.

from a HD point of view there won't be more than a sky hd box gets -
although there is the bonus of being able to record them without
subscription.

--
Gareth.

That fly, is your magic wand.....

Old April 30th 08, 10:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

"Werner Heisenberg" wrote in message
I have FreeSky but now have a new HD TV but don't want to pay Sky for
the HD channels.

I will wait and see exactly which channels are available on Freesat.

Yes, but also wait to see what Sky do to make theirs cheaper than FreeSat
HD.
I would think normal FreeSky at 75 one off payment for box, dish and
installation is better than normal FreeSat is going to be.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group