Desciption for South Park

Old April 9th 04, 05:58 AM
Mike S.

Default Desciption for South Park

Yesterday's south park... the one with the dancing kids from orange
county... the title of the episode was shown on my tivo as "You Got F'd in
the A." now today when I was watching it the title of the episode got
changed to "You Got..." anyone notice that? Would tivo do that... change
the description of an episode already recorded?

--Mike

Old April 9th 04, 08:06 AM
David G.

Mike S. wrote:
Yesterday's south park... the one with the dancing kids from orange
county... the title of the episode was shown on my tivo as "You Got
F'd in the A." now today when I was watching it the title of the
episode got changed to "You Got..." anyone notice that? Would tivo
do that... change the description of an episode already recorded?

--Mike

Yes, Tivo has a built-in "F Word" locator. It's also aware of the
alternate spellings like: F and @%$#. Once the nightly maintenance runs
on the Tivo, you'll find these words replaced or removed altogether.

--
David G.

Old April 9th 04, 04:59 PM
Scott Seligman

"Mike S." wrote:
Yesterday's south park... the one with the dancing kids from orange
county... the title of the episode was shown on my tivo as "You Got F'd in
the A." now today when I was watching it the title of the episode got
changed to "You Got..." anyone notice that? Would tivo do that... change
the description of an episode already recorded?

I've seen this happen a few times. If there's a change to the guide
data shortly before or after a program airs, your TiVo probably won't
get it before it records it. So, when it does get the change in it's
next daily call (or the DTiVo finally gets it from the satellite),
it'll update not only the day or so of past guide data available, but
also any recorded programmings.

--
script language="JavaScript"// Scott Seligman
for(var i=0;i73;i++)document.write(String.fromCharCode((" lsYrsiwb7pir~~|=~fr"+
Old April 13th 04, 03:10 AM
Cliff Chinaski

"Mike S." wrote in message
Yesterday's south park... the one with the dancing kids from orange
county... the title of the episode was shown on my tivo as "You Got F'd in
the A." now today when I was watching it the title of the episode got
changed to "You Got..." anyone notice that? Would tivo do that... change
the description of an episode already recorded?

--Mike

This isn't a Tivo issue; I don't have Tivo yet and I noticed that the
DirecTV grid listing changed from "You Got F'd in the A" on Wednesday night
to "You Got. . . " for the Saturday night repeat. I figured it was just
some lawyerly cowardice after the Howard Stern fines.