PJ Bulb going south early!

Old February 13th 05, 07:31 PM
Rolo Tomassi

Default PJ Bulb going south early!

Hi,

Got a Sanyo projector in October and the bulb deterioration light is showing
after just 300 hours use. I've been really careful with it, cleaned the
filters etc etc.

Anyone had experience getting this sort of thing sorted or do they just say
"incorrect use" and not cover you?

Any help appreciated

Rolo

Old February 13th 05, 07:47 PM
Nath

"Rolo Tomassi" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi,

Got a Sanyo projector in October and the bulb deterioration light is
showing after just 300 hours use. I've been really careful with it,
cleaned the filters etc etc.

Anyone had experience getting this sort of thing sorted or do they just
say "incorrect use" and not cover you?

Any help appreciated

Rolo

A bit concerning really, considering DLP/LCP is replacing CRT projecton. Do
you get 90 days warranty?

250 for 300 hours will probably work out more expensive in the long run
than a nice second hand with lowish hours Barco 808!

Old February 13th 05, 07:53 PM
Rolo Tomassi

Nath wrote:
"Rolo Tomassi" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi,

Got a Sanyo projector in October and the bulb deterioration light is
showing after just 300 hours use. I've been really careful with it,
cleaned the filters etc etc.

Anyone had experience getting this sort of thing sorted or do they
just say "incorrect use" and not cover you?

Any help appreciated

Rolo

A bit concerning really, considering DLP/LCP is replacing CRT
projecton. Do you get 90 days warranty?

250 for 300 hours will probably work out more expensive in the long
run than a nice second hand with lowish hours Barco 808!

Tell me about it! Sanyo's website FAQs say that 1000 to 2000 hours can be
expected but some will last significantly less than this and that's
acceptable! Acceptable to them maybe, not to me!!

I'll be contacting the supplier tomorrow but I've got a sinking feeling
about this :(

Rolo

Freeview: ITV News Channel (ch41) has gone until "early 2005" TRV22 UK digital tv 26 October 16th 04 02:14 AM
1 month old 60" LCD projection Grand Wega fails to turn on scs0 High definition TV 30 July 8th 04 12:30 AM
Early Adopters beware Bob Miller High definition TV 1 May 26th 04 03:15 PM
Light bulb Tonyny44 High definition TV 2 September 16th 03 02:18 AM
Light bulb Tonyny44 High definition TV 0 September 16th 03 01:14 AM