Today hum?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 4th 19, 09:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Today hum?

Yes it does and indeed hammer drills are the Bain of a broadcasters life as
once you hear it you keep on hearing it.

Down at Radio Solent a few nights ago there was a power outage for about a
second. It scrambled some of the computers but all through the program the
presenter was complaining that a box under the desk was buzzing. If he
stopped speaking you could only just hear it, but obviously he could hear it
more himself even wearing phones.

The other bugbear of the talk radio world is the mobile phone. Its either
making pings and silly noises even when on so called silent, or if an older
type you get the galloping ghost effect coming in via the audio cables. This
is why most insist they are turned right off.

"charles" wrote in message
Ashley Booth wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

On 01/03/2019 09:21, Brian Gaff wrote:
I actually think many studios make odd noises these days. One
recording I downloaded the other day had a faint, but obvious sound
of intermittent hammer drills in the background. It was In Touch of
about three weeks ago? That is from Salford I think. Maybe the man
in a van was hired to fit some smoke alarms or something.

Brian

In the late 1970s when I was hammer drilling into the floor high up
at 200 Greys Inn Road a bloke came up and was insistent in his
demands that I should desist as I was immediately above the late
Carol Barnes, who was reading the lunchtime news.

Bill

The news studios are on the ground floor so the sound must have
travelled far.

But, as they found at BH, if you make then building of concrete, sound
travels well through it.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England