Fun with subtitles

Old March 7th 19, 05:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Fun with subtitles

During a report yesterday about a suspicious package in East Anglia,
there was a reference to the similar item in Scotland, at Glasgow's
cosmic postoffice.

Douglas Adams would be pleased.

--
Davey.
Old March 7th 19, 08:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The dog from that film you saw

https://www.theguardian.com/theguard...to-eat-willies

Old March 8th 19, 09:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Ah, yes, are machines actually getting a sense of humour?
Yesterday, I tried to get my alexa to play a station and it kept finding
the wrong one. at some point I muttered under my breath, No you bloody
stupid thing, and it said. i cannot find a station called you bloody stupid
thing.

For some inane reason I got the giggles.

Old March 8th 19, 12:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 09:16:13 -0000
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Ah, yes, are machines actually getting a sense of humour?
Yesterday, I tried to get my alexa to play a station and it kept
finding the wrong one. at some point I muttered under my breath, No
you bloody stupid thing, and it said. i cannot find a station called
you bloody stupid thing.

For some inane reason I got the giggles.
Brian

I wonder if you can get Alexa to drop into one of those human "can't
stop giggling" events if you participate?

Personally, I prefer people in my house rather than electronic voices.

--
Davey.
Old March 8th 19, 03:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:19:58 -0000
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

They are very handy though until they see sense and start building
radios with knobs again that blind people can feel.
Brian

I never get rid of the knobbed ones, it's the modern stuff that fails.
My 'HiFi' is a Goodmans Module 80. Now, where is that VCR recorder I
found the other day...

--
Davey.
Old March 8th 19, 06:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 17:40:49 +0100
Martin wrote:

On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 17:05:12 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:49:19 +0000, Davey
wrote:

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:19:58 -0000
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

They are very handy though until they see sense and start building
radios with knobs again that blind people can feel.
Brian

I never get rid of the knobbed ones, it's the modern stuff that
fails. My 'HiFi' is a Goodmans Module 80. Now, where is that VCR
recorder I found the other day...

Almost all the knobs have failed on my circa 1980 Sony Receiver.
OTOH all the knobs on an October 2nd Philips Alarm clock radio and
the radio still work.

October 2nd 1980 ...

Thanks, I was wondering why five months old was so good..!

--
Davey.
Old March 9th 19, 08:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

One of the biggest problems with modern kit is the self destruction system
build into their remote controls.
Most of the modern ones seem to die in a couple of years on the most used
buttons like OK and up down etc. Yet I have a tatty old Denon from the 90s,
looks very much the same but it soldiers on.

Martin wrote:

On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 17:05:12 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:49:19 +0000, Davey

Old March 9th 19, 11:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sat, 09 Mar 2019 10:32:01 +0100
Martin wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:49:19 +0000, Davey
wrote:

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:19:58 -0000
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

They are very handy though until they see sense and start
building radios with knobs again that blind people can feel.
Brian

I never get rid of the knobbed ones, it's the modern stuff that
fails. My 'HiFi' is a Goodmans Module 80. Now, where is that VCR
recorder I found the other day...

Almost all the knobs have failed on my circa 1980 Sony Receiver.
OTOH all the knobs on an October 2nd Philips Alarm clock radio
and the radio still work.

October 2nd 1980 ...

Thanks, I was wondering why five months old was so good..!

Did you wonder how I knew the date?

Briefly, but I didn't obsess about it. Maybe it was a birthday present.

--
Davey.

More fun with subtitles Davey UK digital tv 10 September 20th 18 11:09 PM
Fun with subtitles Davey UK digital tv 1 November 1st 15 03:47 PM
Some Real Fun And Probably Stupid Questions From A HDTV Newbie mzmeryze High definition TV 17 October 16th 03 11:22 PM
Some Real Fun And Probably Stupid Questions From A HDTV Newbie mzmeryze High definition TV 0 October 2nd 03 12:23 AM
Comcast HDTV fun in Western PA (venting) John C. Ring, Jr. High definition TV 10 September 1st 03 04:11 PM