LG 40UH630V - Aljazeera English has returned.

Old February 24th 19, 12:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alaric[_2_]

Default LG 40UH630V - Aljazeera English has returned.

My thanks to all who responded to my earlier posting regarding my
inability to stream Aljazeera English on my LG Smart TV. I sent a report
to Aljazeera describing the problem and quoting the message which
appeared when I tried to connect. Till now no response. Last night,
around midnight, I was trying to delete the app with a view to
subsequently reinstalling it. I then decided sleep was called for and
did not return to continuing with my attempt till a few minutes ago when
lo and behold there was Aljazeera English as if nothing had happened.

Alaric.

Old February 24th 19, 12:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:40:38 +0000, Alaric
wrote:

My thanks to all who responded to my earlier posting regarding my
inability to stream Aljazeera English on my LG Smart TV. I sent a report
to Aljazeera describing the problem and quoting the message which
appeared when I tried to connect. Till now no response. Last night,
around midnight, I was trying to delete the app with a view to
subsequently reinstalling it. I then decided sleep was called for and
did not return to continuing with my attempt till a few minutes ago when
lo and behold there was Aljazeera English as if nothing had happened.

Think it is on HD but not SD. Could this be the issue?
Old March 2nd 19, 01:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

wrote:

My thanks to all who responded to my earlier posting regarding my
inability to stream Aljazeera English on my LG Smart TV. I sent a report
to Aljazeera describing the problem and quoting the message which
appeared when I tried to connect. Till now no response. Last night,
around midnight, I was trying to delete the app with a view to
subsequently reinstalling it. I then decided sleep was called for and
did not return to continuing with my attempt till a few minutes ago when
lo and behold there was Aljazeera English as if nothing had happened.

Think it is on HD but not SD. Could this be the issue?

My understanding is it's on SD in a DVB-T2 MUX

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old March 2nd 19, 10:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

wrote:

My thanks to all who responded to my earlier posting regarding my
inability to stream Aljazeera English on my LG Smart TV. I sent a report
to Aljazeera describing the problem and quoting the message which
appeared when I tried to connect. Till now no response. Last night,
around midnight, I was trying to delete the app with a view to
subsequently reinstalling it. I then decided sleep was called for and
did not return to continuing with my attempt till a few minutes ago when
lo and behold there was Aljazeera English as if nothing had happened.

Think it is on HD but not SD. Could this be the issue?

My understanding is it's on SD in a DVB-T2 MUX

Showing as 1080i. Does this not make it HD?
Old March 2nd 19, 11:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

wrote:

My thanks to all who responded to my earlier posting regarding my
inability to stream Aljazeera English on my LG Smart TV. I sent a report
to Aljazeera describing the problem and quoting the message which
appeared when I tried to connect. Till now no response. Last night,
around midnight, I was trying to delete the app with a view to
subsequently reinstalling it. I then decided sleep was called for and
did not return to continuing with my attempt till a few minutes ago when
lo and behold there was Aljazeera English as if nothing had happened.

Think it is on HD but not SD. Could this be the issue?

My understanding is it's on SD in a DVB-T2 MUX

Showing as 1080i. Does this not make it HD?

Al Jazeera is available in both. It used to be quite good reporting Libya and other middle eastern places, where western reporters often feared to tread, but has gone off the boil in recent years.
Old March 2nd 19, 11:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

I thought the SD version had been removed from Freeview. Are you
referring to satellite? Why would anyone want to watch SD on
satellite?
Old March 2nd 19, 05:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

because they haven't got a DVB-S2 receiver.

LG 40UH630V TV set. Alaric[_2_] UK digital tv 17 March 11th 19 03:25 PM
Aljazeera SD Davey UK digital tv 11 March 8th 16 11:14 PM
Postage Costs - Returned Pace Boxes? Brownie UK digital tv 6 December 15th 03 12:53 AM
Postage Costs - Returned Pace Boxes? Brownie UK digital tv 0 December 14th 03 07:15 PM
problems have returned trappeduser UK sky 1 August 9th 03 01:28 PM