Oh dear..... High winds......

Old March 7th 19, 08:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Oh dear..... High winds......

On 07/03/2019 19:06, Chris Green wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

*this bit is lies

Just "this bit"?

Yes.

Old March 9th 19, 10:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Marland

Mark Carver wrote:
On 06/03/2019 18:29, charles wrote:
In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
This is why the aerial job is buggered. People get away with murder. As
many of you will know I am very concerned about global warming, and I
think the transmitters should be turned down 20dB to save electric.

To save electric what?

ity

The Southern Electricity Board 'rebranded' themselves Southern Electric
in 1987 ish. I'd helpfully suffix 'ity' to their name on the payment
invoice when sending them my cheque, as part of my campaign to resist
marketing ********. (My 32 year campaign has fallen short of success so
far)

Maybe you would have had better success if you had encouraged people to
keep ringing them up for train times as Southern Electric was once the well
known marketing campaign that accompanied the electrification
of railways south of London and even though by 87 it was 60 years since it
was initiated by the Southern Railway it lasted for 40 years well into the
British Railways era who were still using it until the mid sixties.
Early 30’s poster
https://goo.gl/images/GgVB7r

1960’s example.
https://goo.gl/images/LUiMw2

Anyone like me who can remember travelling around the South of London area
at any time between the mid twenties to the early sixties will also have
seen the slogan “Travel by Southern Electric “ with its lightening bolt
flash across it on numerous railway bridges over the road and by stations
like this
https://goo.gl/images/RjwKxc

Southern Electricity starting to use the term has never ursurped the
previous user in my mind and no doubt back in 87 many others though the
numbers will be a lot less now.

GH

Satellite signal problems due to high winds rbel UK digital tv 51 February 14th 14 05:56 PM
Aerial Downed in recent high winds GrahamW UK digital tv 15 January 21st 07 09:46 PM
Winds of Change are Blowing Again Bob Miller High definition TV 2 December 18th 03 08:54 PM
Winds Barry Terry UK sky 2 October 7th 03 07:40 AM
Dear Marge Wrightsaerials UK digital tv 1 July 25th 03 02:32 AM