Legal question not exactly covered

Old March 11th 19, 06:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Legal question not exactly covered

OK last week documentary with AD was on bbc2 about a blind guy on holiday
with a sighted celeb. Unfortunately it was plugged on radio 4s in touch, but
too late for many to arrange their lives to see it. So I being the internet
go to person of course was charged to download it. This I have duly done,
and now of course I need to get it to the people who asked for it, but
seeing as they are blind. I'm not going to send a video, just the audio and
AD.
So how would I stand legally if I put the recording as an mp3 on several
ram sticks and sent them to them?
I'm not sending pictures, just audio, and its on the I player for some time
yet, but none have access to that.

If I ask the bbc, I suspect it will take a long time, if I don't then how
would they even know? Unless they read here of course!

Old March 11th 19, 07:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 17:59:56 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

OK last week documentary with AD was on bbc2 about a blind guy on holiday
with a sighted celeb. Unfortunately it was plugged on radio 4s in touch, but
too late for many to arrange their lives to see it. So I being the internet
go to person of course was charged to download it. This I have duly done,
and now of course I need to get it to the people who asked for it, but
seeing as they are blind. I'm not going to send a video, just the audio and
AD.
So how would I stand legally if I put the recording as an mp3 on several
ram sticks and sent them to them?
I'm not sending pictures, just audio, and its on the I player for some time
yet, but none have access to that.

If I ask the bbc, I suspect it will take a long time, if I don't then how
would they even know? Unless they read here of course!
Brian

Morally at least, you could argue that if each recipient has a TV
licence copyright is covered.

Old March 11th 19, 11:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_4_]

On Mon 11/03/2019 21:35, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes indeed, most are over 75 as well!
Brian

Maybe so but they still have a TV licence.

My f-in-l died recently at 93 and my wife, as executor, had to return
his TV licence.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com