Repoposing Sky dishes?

Old March 19th 19, 04:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Repoposing Sky dishes?

On 18/03/2019 20:05, Richard Tobin wrote:

It's true that they penetrate some way in - of the order of a
centimetre for meat. But they impart energy over that centimetre, not
after it. So I'm not sure how different it would feel.

-- Richard

Microwaves can make your pupils go cloudy.

Old March 19th 19, 08:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_3_]

On 19/03/2019 03:42, Bill Wright wrote:
On 18/03/2019 20:05, Richard Tobin wrote:

It's true that they penetrate some way in - of the order of a
centimetre for meat.* But they impart energy over that centimetre, not
after it.* So I'm not sure how different it would feel.

-- Richard

Microwaves can make your pupils go cloudy.

Bill

When I was a teacher I think my pupils were delivered cloudy...

Dave
Old March 19th 19, 02:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 18/03/2019 23:48, tony sayer wrote:

JOOI where is our Jim, haven't seen him post for a while anywhere now?..

He's still around, because he's been posting within just this last week
to the GetIPlayer mailing list, but you're right, he doesn't seem to
have been posting here for a long while. Nudged by your remark, I find
that the most recent search hit in Thunderbird that I have for him was
30th April last year in a thread entitled "Can I, aged 69, really assess
hi-fi speakers?". Perhaps he got ****ed off with so much OT crap of
several months back, but that's just a guess on my part, based on
roughly when he seemed to stop posting.
Old March 19th 19, 04:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 19/03/2019 03:42, Bill Wright wrote:
On 18/03/2019 20:05, Richard Tobin wrote:

It's true that they penetrate some way in - of the order of a
centimetre for meat.* But they impart energy over that centimetre, not
after it.* So I'm not sure how different it would feel.

Microwaves can make your pupils go cloudy.

The pupil is just the hole in the iris - it has no substance to "go cloudy".

--
Max Demian
Old March 19th 19, 06:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on April 2, 2019.

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 15:28:02 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

On 19/03/2019 03:42, Bill Wright wrote:
On 18/03/2019 20:05, Richard Tobin wrote:

It's true that they penetrate some way in - of the order of a
centimetre for meat.* But they impart energy over that centimetre, not
after it.* So I'm not sure how different it would feel.

Microwaves can make your pupils go cloudy.

The pupil is just the hole in the iris - it has no substance to "go cloudy".

So the hole is a vacuum?
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old March 19th 19, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 19/03/2019 17:32, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 15:28:02 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

On 19/03/2019 03:42, Bill Wright wrote:
On 18/03/2019 20:05, Richard Tobin wrote:

It's true that they penetrate some way in - of the order of a
centimetre for meat.* But they impart energy over that centimetre, not
after it.* So I'm not sure how different it would feel.

Microwaves can make your pupils go cloudy.

The pupil is just the hole in the iris - it has no substance to "go cloudy".

So the hole is a vacuum?

It's filled with "aqueous humour". If that goes cloudy, you would say
the aqueous humour is cloudy, not the pupil which just encompasses part
of it. A hole is a hole, an absence.

--
Max Demian
Old March 19th 19, 08:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
Microwaves can make your pupils go cloudy.

The pupil is just the hole in the iris - it has no substance to "go
cloudy".

So the hole is a vacuum?

It's filled with "aqueous humour". If that goes cloudy, you would say the
aqueous humour is cloudy, not the pupil which just encompasses part of it.
A hole is a hole, an absence.

True, although it is through this hole in the iris (ie through the cornea
and the aqueous/vitrous humours) that the cloudiness is visible - so to all
intents and purposes "the pupil" has gone cloudy, even if it is the cornea
and humours that have actually gone cloudy.

Anyway, you wouldn't want to be exposed to large amounts of microwaves if
they cause that problem. They also can cause sterility.

Old March 19th 19, 11:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Java Jive
scribeth thus
On 18/03/2019 23:48, tony sayer wrote:

JOOI where is our Jim, haven't seen him post for a while anywhere now?..

He's still around, because he's been posting within just this last week
to the GetIPlayer mailing list, but you're right, he doesn't seem to
have been posting here for a long while. Nudged by your remark, I find
that the most recent search hit in Thunderbird that I have for him was
30th April last year in a thread entitled "Can I, aged 69, really assess
hi-fi speakers?". Perhaps he got ****ed off with so much OT crap of
several months back, but that's just a guess on my part, based on
roughly when he seemed to stop posting.

OK just wondered if anything that adverse other then ng posting blues
had happened;!.
--
Tony Sayer