Anyone in UK watching any satellite TV on C band or Ka band?

Old January 14th 19, 07:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Anyone in UK watching any satellite TV on C band or Ka band?

Having had a foot in Ku band satellite reception since the days of the pace prima and pace mss300 days which would be about 1997.... My thoughts have recently turned to C band and Ka band satellite reception.

Is there anyone here receiving satellite TV from either band within the UK?

If so which birds and what size dish and which county are you located?

I suspect C band will not be practical to me due to the size of the dish needed and I already know that Saorsat from Kasat 9.0e is impossible to receive in Northampton. Furthermore it appears satellite broadband internet is hogging the Ka band....
Old January 15th 19, 12:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 15/01/2019 09:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'd have thought sat broad band would be a little bit pointless due to the
delay times of it.

It is how television outside broadcasts work. The studio cues in the
presenter, the picture changes to show the presenter, and a couple of
seconds later the presenter gives the report.
Because the level of interaction between studio and outside broadcast
location is limited, the delay doesn't matter much.

Jim

Old January 15th 19, 04:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Brian Gaff
scribeth thus
I'd have thought sat broad band would be a little bit pointless due to the
delay times of it.

Brian

Yes no good for VoIP or playing games on but when nothing else exists
then thats the way of it;(.
--
Tony Sayer

Old January 15th 19, 09:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I often wonder about streamed programming. It can be as much as a minute out
and hence if we are expecting the end of the world it will engulf us before
we see it coming.

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Brian Gaff
scribeth thus

Old January 18th 19, 12:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W[_2_]

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 20:46:30 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I often wonder about streamed programming. It can be as much as a minute out
and hence if we are expecting the end of the world it will engulf us before
we see it coming.
Brian

Today I heard the news that camera drones were being used over
rececourses to find the winner with a shorter delay than via the TV,
to be able to bet on the winner before normal viewers!
-
Dave W