Sky HD for 75

Old July 10th 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Ed

Default Sky HD for 75

latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+ box
or HD box for just 75

If you are interested email me and I'll send you the recommend a
friend details. Only available to people that have never been a sky
customer.

Ed
Old July 14th 08, 12:47 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Felicity S.

Ed wrote:

latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+ box
or HD box for just 75

And what are the hidden costs which you & Sky are not mentioning?

Fliss

--
She said: You're going stay here with your
ex-wife because her sheep's dying?

Old July 14th 08, 09:12 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Ed[_8_]

On Jul 14, 12:47*am, "Felicity S." [email protected] wrote:
Ed wrote:
latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+ box
or HD box for just 75

And what are the hidden costs which you & Sky are not mentioning?

Fliss

--
She said: You're going stay here with your
* * * * *ex-wife because her sheep's dying?
He said: No, because *our* sheep's dying...

Nothing hidden.
I believe is 17 a month. Installation is 30. If you want a
subscription to the Sky HD channels that gets moreexpensive but isnt
required as far as i know.

If you're interested email me and I'll send you an invite which will
no doubt have all the pertinent terms.

Rgds
Ed
Old July 15th 08, 01:41 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Felicity S.

Ed wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

Ed wrote:

latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+ box
or HD box for just 75

And what are the hidden costs which you & Sky are not mentioning?

Nothing hidden.

You need to take out the minimum subscription to Sky for a year, which
I believe is 17 a month. Installation is 30.

Thankyou, Ed. So would I be correct in calculating that the minimum cost
is not "just 75", but 309? What happens if I cancel after the year?

Fliss

--
She said: His house was on a bluff over a lake. I always loved
the view, sunlight over water - my favourite spot.

Old July 15th 08, 09:26 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Ed[_8_]

On Jul 15, 1:41*am, "Felicity S." [email protected] wrote:
Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Ed wrote:
latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+ box
or HD box for just 75
And what are the hidden costs which you & Sky are not mentioning?

Nothing hidden.
You need to take out the minimum subscription to Sky for a year, which
I believe is 17 a month. Installation is 30.

Thankyou, Ed. So would I be correct in calculating that the minimum cost
is not "just 75", but 309? What happens if I cancel after the year?

Fliss

--
She said: His house was on a bluff over a lake. I always loved
* * * * * the view, sunlight over water - my favourite spot.
He said: Yes, magical. Too bad you nuked it.

Picky picky picky.

I said you can get an HD box for just 75. This is true.

You know as well as everyone else here that Sky is a subscription
service and if you want the channels you have to pay through the nose
for the pleasure. After a year the box is yours to do with what you
like.

Old July 15th 08, 09:40 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Nigel Barker[_2_]

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 01:41:28 BST, "Felicity S." [email protected] wrote:

Ed wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

Ed wrote:

latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+ box
or HD box for just 75

And what are the hidden costs which you & Sky are not mentioning?

Nothing hidden.

You need to take out the minimum subscription to Sky for a year, which
I believe is 17 a month. Installation is 30.

Thankyou, Ed. So would I be correct in calculating that the minimum cost
is not "just 75", but 309? What happens if I cancel after the year?

If you get a Sky HD box for "just 75" you will also be obliged to pay the 10
pounds per month HD subscription so the minimum cost is actually 429 pounds.
After one year you can cancel all subscriptions but then you will no longer be
able to use the recording functions of the receiver.
--

Cheers

Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur
Old July 15th 08, 09:54 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Nigel Barker[_2_]

Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Ed wrote:
[...]

In this context it is deceptive not to mention the ongoing subscription costs
for one year. The total cost of the HD digibox is actually (75 pounds for the
digibox) + (30 pounds for installation) + (192 pounds for a minimum Sky
subscription) + (120 pounds for the HD subscription). A grand total of 417
pounds.

The current "Pay Once Watch Forever" offer Sky really is "just 75" & is not
deceptive as that is the total cost including installation & incidentally four
months of a subscription worth 19 pounds per month.

Old July 15th 08, 09:57 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Nigel Barker[_2_]

Ed wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

Ed wrote:

latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+ box
or HD box for just 75

And what are the hidden costs which you & Sky are not mentioning?

Nothing hidden.

You need to take out the minimum subscription to Sky for a year, which
I believe is 17 a month. Installation is 30.

Thankyou, Ed. So would I be correct in calculating that the minimum cost
is not "just 75", but 309? What happens if I cancel after the year?

If you get a Sky HD box for "just 75" you will also be obliged to pay the 10
pounds per month HD subscription so the minimum cost is actually 429 pounds.
After one year you can cancel all subscriptions but then you will no longer be
able to use the recording functions of the receiver.

Correction. The minimum Sky subscription is 16 pounds per month which gives a
grand total of 297 pounds for a regular Sky+ digibox or 417 pounds for a Sky HD
digibox.

Old July 15th 08, 11:37 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Ed[_8_]

Ed wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:

Ed wrote:

[...]

Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur- Hide quoted text -

Look, you all know that the actual cost of a Sky subscription is a lot
of money. I had no intention to mislead, I was just advertising the
fact that if you are recommended by a friend you can get the HD box
for 75 (instead of 150 when you take the HD channels or 400 if you
dont.)

Here are all the pertinent terms and conditions for the pedants...

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skyco...pos=GLOBAL_NAV

Standard set-up: Standard set up is 30 for new Sky TV customers
joining with a Sky+ or Sky+ HD box or Sky Broadband and Sky Talk
(otherwise 60). Standard set-up for existing customers taking any Sky
box and combination of Sky services is 60, or for existing customers
taking Sky Broadband without another Sky box: Base - 75; Mid &
Connect - 50; Max - 25 or if you already have or take Sky Talk: Base
- 50; Mid & Connect - 25; Max - 0.

Sky digital Subscription: Sky TV Packages currently 16 - 45 a month.
All prices will increase by up to 2 (except for non-Sports packages
with Sky Movies 1 and/or 2 which stay the same) from 1 September 2008.
View price changes. Sky Box Office movies/events cost extra. Sky News
and Sky Three are available without a subscription, Sky Three, Ch4,
Five, Five US and Five Life require a viewing card.

Free Sky box offer: You do not have to subscribe to Sky digital. Offer
limited to one per household. You are ineligible if you have entered
into an Interactive Discount Contract or your household has benefited
from one. Sky selects your equipment.

Sky+: Sky+ box 150 with Sky TV or 75 when you take a combination of
Sky Talk, Sky Broadband and Sky Multiroom to a value of at least 10 a
month (e.g. Sky Talk Unlimited (5 a month) with Sky Broadband Mid (5
a month); or Sky Multiroom (10 a month); or Sky Broadband Max (10 a
month)) . Only one discounted Sky+ box per customer. Additional Sky+
boxes charged at the full applicable standard price. Sky+ box is 199
plus 120 standard installation for non-Sky TV customers. Only
compatible with digital satellite. Sky+ can store an average of 40
hours of programmes at a time. Sky+ subscription required to use
Personal Video Recorder features of Sky+ (free for Sky TV subscribers
while you subscribe to any Sky digital package, otherwise 10 a
month). Sky selects your equipment.

Sky+ HD: The channels you receive with the HD Mix depend on your Sky
digital package. With Sky Sports Mix you get Sky Sports HD1, HD2 and
HD3. With Sky Movies Mix you get Sky Movies Screen 1 HD, Screen 2 HD
and Sky Movies Premiere HD. With Sky Movies 1 you get Sky Movies
Screen 1 HD and with Sky Movies 2 you get Sky Movies Screen 2 HD. To
get Sky+ HD, you require a Sky TV subscription, a Sky+ HD box and you
need to subscribe to Sky HD by taking the HD Mix (10 extra a month).
Sky+ subscription required to use the Personal Video Recorder features
of the Sky+ HD box (currently free while you subscribe to any Sky TV
package, otherwise 10 per month). Sky+ HD box 150 when you take Sky
TV and the HD Mix. Sky+ HD box is 399 plus 120 standard installation
for non-Sky TV customers or Sky TV customers not taking the HD Mix. To
experience the full benefits of Sky+ HD you will need a compatible HD
Ready TV. Sky selects your equipment. Only compatible with digital
satellite.

Sky Broadband: Minimum subscription 12 months. You must be a UK active
residential Sky TV subscriber throughout your Sky Broadband
subscription. Monthly usage limits: Base 2GB; Mid 40GB; Max
Unlimited subject to Fair Use Policy; Connect 40GB. If your PC/
laptop is not wireless enabled you can buy the necessary equipment
from Sky. MAC users receive 12 months free McAfee VirusScan worth
19.99.

Sky Talk: Sky Talk is only available to Sky digital subscribers paying
their subscription by Direct Debit/continuous credit card mandate. Not
available to BT Light Users or if outgoing calls are barred. Codes of
Practice for sales and marketing and premium rate/NTS services can be
found at sky.com/skytalk.

General: Free Sky/Sky+/Sky+ HD box must be connected to a fixed
telephone line for 12 months. Non-standard set-up may cost extra. Sky+/
Sky+ HD box prices may vary if you live in a flat. You must get any
consents required (e.g. landlord's). Minimum Sky digital/Sky+ HD
subscriptions 12 months. You must be 18 years or over. Channels,
programmes & prices subject to change. Further terms apply.
Information only applies to residential customers in UK, Channel
Islands and Isle of Man. Calls cost up to 5 pence per minute (plus a
6p connection fee) for BT customers. Calls from other providers may
vary.

Information correct at 14 July 2008.
Old July 19th 08, 01:30 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Felicity S.

Ed wrote:

Felicity S. wrote:
Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Ed wrote:

latest recommend a friend offer from Sky is you can get free Sky+
box or HD box for just 75

And what are the hidden costs which you & Sky are not mentioning?

Nothing hidden.

You need to take out the minimum subscription to Sky for a year, which
I believe is 17 a month. Installation is 30.

According to Nigel Barker (thanks Nigel) the subscription is 26 a month.

Thankyou, Ed. So would I be correct in calculating that the minimum cost
is not "just 75", but more? What happens if I cancel after the year?

Picky picky picky.

I said you can get an HD box for just 75. This is true.

I'm not being picky. You keep telling me that I can get a HD box for
just 75 but if I want to watch TV with it, the cost is 417 for the
first year alone. Now Nigel Barker tells me (thanks Nigel) that after
one year I can cancel all subscriptions but then I will no longer be
able to use the recording function - which is the whole point.

This means that if I want to continue using the machine for say five
years it'd cost me a horrifying 1,665 for a supposedly cheap box!

No hidden costs? Pah!

Fliss

--
She said: So, fighting all those aliens is okay with
you, but a bit of skateboarding, and whoa.