Two TV's on one hard drive?

Old May 2nd 17, 01:32 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default Two TV's on one hard drive?

I don't even know if this group is still alive, but I'll try my question.

I have a Western Digital 4Tb external hard drive with several hundred movies
I've ripped onto it, hooked up by USB to the TV in my living room. We also have
a newer TV with USB inputs in the bedroom. I'm wondering if I could get a
splitter of some sort coming out out of the drive and two USB cables running to
both TVs? I'd only be using one TV at a time watching anything off the hard
drive.

Can this be done? Thanks.

---

Old May 2nd 17, 01:54 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Thanks Les. The other fly in the ointment is that the USB out on the hard drive
is a Micro-B 10 pin, which I can't find ona hub or anything else. After I posted
this, I started thinking, for the $99 the hard drive cost me, I can just as
easily buy another drive and copy the movies onto it. That'd be easy enough and
not overly expensive. Thanks again for the reply. I think that's the direction
I'm going to go.

On Mon, 1 May 2017 19:49:14 -0500, Les Cargill wrote:

wrote:
I don't even know if this group is still alive, but I'll try my
question.

I have a Western Digital 4Tb external hard drive with several hundred
movies I've ripped onto it, hooked up by USB to the TV in my living
room. We also have a newer TV with USB inputs in the bedroom. I'm
wondering if I could get a splitter of some sort coming out out of
the drive and two USB cables running to both TVs? I'd only be using
one TV at a time watching anything off the hard drive.

Can this be done? Thanks.

software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

I expect both TVs would want to be the USB master node and it
would not work. You'd have a USB civil war

You might be able to make use of something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/CoolGear-Cros.../dp/B000KZL7U2

or

https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Comput.../dp/B00BD8I2OY

---

Old May 2nd 17, 01:56 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Bythe way, it's nice to know someone is still watching this group. I'm finding
more and more groups becoming total ghost towns these days. What's happening to
newsgroups? Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.