updating Flash player in Panasonic web browser

Old May 5th 14, 01:16 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default updating Flash player in Panasonic web browser

On Friday, August 3, 2012 12:44:07 AM UTC+10, semperlinux wrote:
Hi Forum,

I've just bought a Panasonic 42" Plasma - main reason was to watch

Internet TV with the built-in web browser.

Model no is TX-P42ST50B

And now the fine print kicks in - "not all functions may be possible

with the web browser".

To be more exact, it's not possible to update the Flash player which

more or less renders the web browser unusable.

Anyone else confronted with this ?

More to the point, does anyone know if and when Panasonic might produce

a patch to fix this ?

Many thanks,

Semperlinux

--

semperlinux

Old May 5th 14, 01:23 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

[...]

i agree the browser sucks in relation to catch up TV. the problem is that when I got my Panasonic......EVERY saleperson I talked to told me it would. The problem is that none of the big stores have the internet, so u can't check.
Old May 5th 14, 02:13 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Stephen H. Fischer

semperlinux

i agree the browser sucks in relation to catch up TV. the problem is that
when I got my Panasonic......EVERY saleperson I talked to told me it
would. The problem is that none of the big stores have the internet, so u
can't check.

Hi,

There was a question like yours perhaps about a different brand a while
back.

You may have been sold a barrel of bricks and a bag of feathers.

What you can do with them will not help you do what you wish.

Sales persons lie, they make their living by what goes out the door, not
what comes back.

I suggest you check:

http://www.avsforum.com/

To see if your model has a discussion group.

SHF

Old May 6th 14, 07:14 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Alan

In article "Stephen H. Fischer" writes:
semperlinux

i agree the browser sucks in relation to catch up TV. the problem is that
when I got my Panasonic......EVERY saleperson I talked to told me it
would. The problem is that none of the big stores have the internet, so u
can't check.

Hi,

There was a question like yours perhaps about a different brand a while
back.

You may have been sold a barrel of bricks and a bag of feathers.

What you can do with them will not help you do what you wish.

Sales persons lie, they make their living by what goes out the door, not
what comes back.

I suggest you check:

http://www.avsforum.com/

To see if your model has a discussion group.

I had similar problems with the software apps on a Panasonic blu-ray
player. Various software updates have not helped.

I tried to find a feedback / support questions point on the web for
it, and, as I recall, eventually found something that was a poor match
for the question, but never got any answer.

I believe that the manufacturers don't care about quality or support.
If they can say "plays youtube" on the box, that is all they care about;
it doesn't have to play it very well, just be an item they can list on
the box and advertising spec.

Fixing problems is entirely out of the question.

Oh, I did take this to AVS. Nothing there.

Alan
Old May 21st 14, 03:16 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Have you had any luck with the problem i just got the Panasonic TX42AS520B & i found when i got via the web browser to a certain site (Craftsy.com) & i go to online classes i bought it don't play
So the TV is not good for what i wanted it for
Any ideas

Old May 22nd 14, 10:56 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Ant

On 5/21/2014 6:16 AM PT, typed:

Have you had any luck with the problem i just got the Panasonic TX42AS520B & i found when i got via the web browser to a certain site (Craftsy.com) & i go to online classes i bought it don't play
So the TV is not good for what i wanted it for
Any ideas

TV is not a computer. :P
--
"The tiny ant dares to enter the lion's ear." --Armenian
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @
Old July 23rd 14, 08:22 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

I spoke to Panasonic support re this problem - They say flash player cannot be installed on their smart TV's. I told them their TV was a load of S**t.

John
Old December 10th 14, 11:00 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

See my reply below:

On Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:44:07 AM UTC-4, semperlinux wrote:
Hi Forum,

I've just bought a Panasonic 42" Plasma - main reason was to watch
Internet TV with the built-in web browser.
Model no is TX-P42ST50B

And now the fine print kicks in - "not all functions may be possible
with the web browser".
To be more exact, it's not possible to update the Flash player which
more or less renders the web browser unusable.

Anyone else confronted with this ?

More to the point, does anyone know if and when Panasonic might produce
a patch to fix this ?

Many thanks,
Semperlinux

--
semperlinux

~~~~~~~

I have a Panasonic ST60, and it has the same half assed Google browser to which you allude. I just discovered that I too have this same problem you have in re Flash

I'm on Time Warner Cable Television, which also delivers Road Runner internet service. TW used to carry RT - Russian Television, but after O'Bama &co started their war with Putin, Russia, or both, TW dropped RT from it's lineup

I guess the only way around this is to hook up a computer and use the TV as a monitor. But if you have a mobile device there are Android and Apple apps that allow you to watch various TV programs on tablets & phones but why not TVs? - again most likely O'Bama &co trying to force people to buy more gadgets "it's the economy stupid". So my sympathies are with you

In any case the web browsers on these things are pathetic and so is whatever processor they have running it eg my Pentium 200 pro was wayyyy faster

Moreover

Depending on what model you have too, Panasonic merely blocks various options on lower priced models - doing a search I've found posts about people complaining that you tube videos stall, which led me to recall that a while back Google stopped doing auto updates of Flash and it's possible this is why they did it - viz., to make this capability no longer function on "smart TVs" at all eg everytime I tried to view a you tube video the browser crashed.

Now on the apps page, I was actually able to add Vudu which really amazed me and they used to have a Vudu apps too which had videos from various TV shows but they also recently changed their interface from one that was really nice to one that really sucks and the Vudu apps app disappeared

So something fishy is going one but that's "capitalism" American style - which is attempting to take over earth. Planned obsolescence so we buy more stuff subscribe to more service.

I hate it