Nothing worth bothering about on tv

Old August 20th 19, 09:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Nothing worth bothering about on tv

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Old August 21st 19, 10:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on September 4, 2019.

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 20:47:20 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old August 21st 19, 01:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?

+1

Jim Al-Kalili's series on inventions is rather good, though
the credits say PBS and not BBC.

Without sight, listening to tv sound channels must be a last
resort for most people.
Old August 21st 19, 03:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?

+1

Jim Al-Kalili's series on inventions is rather good, though
the credits say PBS and not BBC.

snip
I tuned into BBC4 last night to watch how to see a Black Hole, only to
find it had been replaced by repeats of Peaky Blinders.

P*ss-ups and Breweries come to mind!

Jim
Old August 22nd 19, 07:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 14:25:33 +0100 Indy Jess John
posted:

wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?

+1

Jim Al-Kalili's series on inventions is rather good, though
the credits say PBS and not BBC.

snip
I tuned into BBC4 last night to watch how to see a Black Hole, only to
find it had been replaced by repeats of Peaky Blinders.

P*ss-ups and Breweries come to mind!

Jim

So that is how come I had recordings of Peaky Blinders on my Humax. I
thought I had some how cocked up although I was not sure how I could
have made such an obvious mistake.
Old August 21st 19, 03:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I'm sure that has been on before and I'm not sure if it has AD or not. It
may have, but a lot of such programs are now below my attention level as
they are often done for the Tonka Toy generation.

He look here is how a laser works.... Yawn.

Old August 21st 19, 03:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I'm sure that has been on before

it has, but I missed it

come to that I missed E1-3 of this set of repeats

tim

Old August 22nd 19, 02:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 21/08/2019 14:44, tim... wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I'm sure that has been on before

it has, but I missed it

come to that I missed E1-3 of this set of repeats

tim

they are all on the iPlayer, if you use the A-Z option
after choosing BBC4
Old August 22nd 19, 10:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on September 5, 2019.

wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?

+1

Jim Al-Kalili's series on inventions is rather good, though
the credits say PBS and not BBC.

Without sight, listening to tv sound channels must be a last
resort for most people.

OTOH there is lots on old steam radio.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old August 23rd 19, 05:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to
tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all
rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?

+1

Jim Al-Kalili's series on inventions is rather good,

But not without unnecessary hyperbole.

"The basic telescope was invented due to a *revolution* in science"

Um no, it came about because someone discovered that they could make simple
optical glass.

Hardly a revolutionary invention.

tim