New receiver and nothing!

Old June 26th 03, 10:01 PM
Vaz

Default New receiver and nothing!

Damn, I just purchased a Pioneer VSX-D912 rec. I previously had an older
VSX-D466 rec in my setup. Plugged my new **** in and was ready to blow the
windows. Put on Saving Private Ryan and... sound effects were off the hook.
Dialogue was crap. The effects were very much overpowering the voice stuff.
Anything I'm doing wrong? I have to have the rec turned up all the way to
about 20db. My older rec sounds better with both movies and music. VSX-D912
is rated at 110watts by 6 channels. Sounds like enough power. Speakers are
Infinity HTS 20. They sounded really good with the VSX-D466. Don't even
remember what the watt rating was for this old beast.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Let them call me rebel, and welcome, I feel

--Saul Alinsky
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old June 26th 03, 10:07 PM
Derek MacPhail

"Vaz" wrote in message
Damn, I just purchased a Pioneer VSX-D912 rec. I previously had an older
VSX-D466 rec in my setup. Plugged my new **** in and was ready to blow the
windows. Put on Saving Private Ryan and... sound effects were off the

hook.
Dialogue was crap. The effects were very much overpowering the voice

stuff.
Anything I'm doing wrong? I have to have the rec turned up all the way to
about 20db. My older rec sounds better with both movies and music.

VSX-D912
is rated at 110watts by 6 channels. Sounds like enough power. Speakers are
Infinity HTS 20. They sounded really good with the VSX-D466. Don't even
remember what the watt rating was for this old beast.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong. I think that is just how movies are being
recorded. You might want to play with your centre channel settings (up the
volume) as that is where most of the dialogue will be coming from.

Cheers, Derek