HD Picture; All or Nothing?

Old November 12th 04, 08:04 PM
CGott

Default HD Picture; All or Nothing?

I always assumed that once a TV receives a HD picture and there is no
breakup, that there is no way of improving the picture . Is that true,
or are there gradations with HD quality depending on signal strength,
etc?
Old November 12th 04, 08:15 PM
Matthew L. Martin

CGott wrote:

I always assumed that once a TV receives a HD picture and there is no
breakup, that there is no way of improving the picture . Is that true,
or are there gradations with HD quality depending on signal strength,
etc?

Once you have a signal that delivers the bits error free the picture
quality is independent of the signal strength. Zeros and ones don't get
"better" when they are louder.

Matthew
Old November 12th 04, 08:29 PM
Thumper

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:15:35 -0500, "Matthew L. Martin"
wrote:

CGott wrote:

I always assumed that once a TV receives a HD picture and there is no
breakup, that there is no way of improving the picture . Is that true,
or are there gradations with HD quality depending on signal strength,
etc?

Once you have a signal that delivers the bits error free the picture
quality is independent of the signal strength. Zeros and ones don't get
"better" when they are louder.

Matthew

That doesn't mean that all HDTVs have the same quality picture.
Thumper
To reply drop XYZ in address
Old November 12th 04, 08:31 PM
Matthew L. Martin

wrote:

CGott wrote:

I always assumed that once a TV receives a HD picture and there is no
breakup, that there is no way of improving the picture . Is that true,
or are there gradations with HD quality depending on signal strength,
etc?

Once you have a signal that delivers the bits error free the picture
quality is independent of the signal strength. Zeros and ones don't get
"better" when they are louder.

Matthew

That doesn't mean that all HDTVs have the same quality picture.
Thumper

Did anyone say otherwise?

Matthew
Old November 12th 04, 09:15 PM
Dennis Mayer

CGott wrote:

I always assumed that once a TV receives a HD picture and there is no
breakup, that there is no way of improving the picture . Is that true,
or are there gradations with HD quality depending on signal strength,
etc?

On HD Picture 'reception', I see 6 categories of reception:

Nice Superb picture
Picture Pixelation
Picture freeze up
Picture hunting... Picture comes & goes (When big truck
drives by) I believe is temporary multipath
White blank picture (Picture present buy not viewable)
Black blank picture (No Picture present, not viewable)