Vizio TruVolume working backwards!!??

Old January 31st 10, 09:14 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
UCLAN[_2_]

Default Vizio TruVolume working backwards!!??

wrote:

No, but it may take less time and aggravation.

yes by far

Having never dealt with either company involved, you don't know that.
Old January 31st 10, 11:49 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

"Stewart" wrote:

No, I don't know that as a certainty, but the probability is high. If
Costco is close by, their return policies are good and hassle free.

Costco return policy is BAR NONE the best
Old January 30th 14, 05:16 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Same issue here!! W/o srs true volume, it works fine. Very annoying.
Old January 30th 14, 05:22 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:16:49 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Same issue here!! W/o srs true volume, it works fine. Very annoying.

Huh?
Old February 8th 14, 04:06 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Barry[_4_]

On Saturday, January 30, 2010 4:38:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
UCLAN wrote:

So, my suggestion of a week ago helped (Vizio 23" Razer LED TV audio
all over the place!!) Have you contacted Vizio? SRS?

No... I haven't contacted them cause number one I want
to make sure I'm not imagining this and wondered if
anyone else has this problem with SRS

And two.... wanted to get my facts together BEFORE
calling.

I seriously doubt I will get a straight answer from
either company..... given today's customer service and
I don't relish spending hours on the phone getting a
real human being.

It may just be easier to return to Costco and try
another brand

But thanks for your input

I had an older Vizio sound bar and had to get rid of it because the volume was so unpredictable that the unit was not usable. Called Vizio but they were no help.

I decided to replace it with a newer Visio model, which allows switching the TruVolume feature off. I can live with loud ads (if necessary) but not when the unit randomly drops dialogue so low it's inaudible.
Old November 4th 14, 02:42 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:12:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I have a Vizio with TruVolume

Its a feature designed to "maintain a comfortable
listening level when a commercial on or changing
channels"

However, when I have it set to ON, the volume is ALL
over the place! Even varying up/down within same show!

Bought the TV at Costco so no problem taking it back.
But WTH is wrong here? A firmware issue?

I'm using basic cable TV with internal speakers and no
set top boxes of any kind

i have the same issue. 42" Vizio w SRS TruVolume. i leave it OFF. when its ON, it seems to boost everything louder than everything else. sometimes loosing the dialogue behind the background music. when OFF, i have "some" sense of dynamics, and its much easier on my ear, even if the commercials are much louder than the program.
I think part of the problem is the audio is being processed by the local station or cable provider before it hits your TV. being an audio engineer myself, who has not only worked at TV stations, but has built a few, they process the A/V signal before its re-broadcast to the home viewers. so in alot of ways, your getting double processing with the TruVolume ON. and in more rural areas, that could easily be tripple or quadruple processing! its CRUSHED by the time it gets to your set.
Old April 21st 15, 09:20 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

On Monday, November 3, 2014 at 6:42:56 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Kind of raising a Dracula thread here, but jewel has got this spot on. It's a reprocessing issue. Most people these days are watching their TV programs through a cable or satellite box that has audio processing capability. Vizio recommends shutting off any audio processing on your cable box and controlling the audio only through the television. If this is undesirable or impossible, Vizio says to shut off TruVolume on the TV. I use my Vizio with an HTPC, and I really like being able to control everything with just one remote. With TruVolume on, I have to set my HTPC volume to full and use the TV remote for sound. With TruVolume off, I can use my smartphone app to control volume via the HTPC.
Old July 11th 18, 11:58 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Hello 2018..

Found this thread from a search due to similar issues I'm having with Vizio SRS Tru Volume... Using Amazon FireTV box and the volume of different episodes of same shows on Hulu, Amazon video, Netflix, Crackle vary many times... And the dialog is very muted or subdued while the sound effects and background music is pronounced.
Turned SRS Tru Volume off and these problems cease.