small TV's with built in clock

Old December 5th 18, 07:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default small TV's with built in clock

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 12:37:37 +0000, David Wade
wrote:

On 05/12/2018 09:34, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 03/12/2018 23:08, wrote:

When I got rid of the TV/Video combo (very old 12" Amstrad TVR-2) I
found I actually miss not having a Clock that I can suddenly roll over
and look at for the time, rather than finding my phone or a watch and
looking at that to find the time.

Yes I know it would be cheaper to buy a small wall clock than a TV,
but I may decide to put a TV back in the bedroom!

Steve

"Hey Siri/Alexa/Google, what time is it?"

Saves opening eyes....

If you run the TV off an Android box then it will show the time when
sleeping. Trouble is modern TV's also switch off quickly.

Dave

Thanks to all the replies. It seems that I either buy a small wall
clock or keep a new TV on and in screen saver mode with clock app
burning electricity at a higher level than I want.

My phone does display a clock all the time, but that is on the side
table by my bed and so I have to lean over to pick it up to see it and
thus waking my wife up. If I press the buton on my Fitbit charge
(which I do wear in bed), then that lights up the room like a
Christmas tree, also waking my wife up!

We do have a clock radio, but that is on my wifes side of the bed. If
I tried speaking: "hey Siri/Alexa/Google (or WIFE ) what time is it?",
then that will still wake her up, so sorry Dave that suggestion wont
work either.

I was really after one of those TV's they have in hotel rooms were the
small clock remains on, whilst the TV is in standby mode, so just a
few watts. They are often use as the alarm clock for the room.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies.

Regards

Steve.
Old December 5th 18, 07:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MikeS

wrote:

[...]

I know exactly what you mean and you could try searching for hotel or
hospitality TVs which are often quite small screen. However, many of
them may be designed for professional distribution systems and lack a
tuner for broadcast TV.

Old December 5th 18, 08:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

wrote:

[...]

OK so wifey can tell you the time.

--
Max Demian
Old December 5th 18, 08:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Would one of the amazon thingies wityh a scrreen or something like that do?

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
wrote in message
Hi

Does anybody know if they still make smallish flatscreen TV's with a
clock display permanently on the front. If so, where can they be
purchased from. I am looking for a 20-32inch maximum screen size.