Weird subtitle problem on Drama

Old December 8th 18, 09:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_3_]

Default Weird subtitle problem on Drama

We were watching Brokenwood Mysteries on Drama last night. It's a New
Zealand detective series a bit like Midsummer Murders. The NZ accents are
a bit thick and I'm a bit deaf so I had the subtitles on. For the first
few parts they were a sentence late so during an ad break I changed
channels and back again then they were about two or three sentences
early! How the hell can that happen?

--
TOJ.
Old December 8th 18, 10:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Crummy technicals obviously. I still do not understand how two streams of
the same internet radio station can sometimes mbe 2 minutes out and at other
times almost the same. Surely they do not service every person in a serial
fashion with the same packet, do they?

news

Old December 12th 18, 08:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Saturday, 8 December 2018 20:17:39 UTC, The Other John wrote:
We were watching Brokenwood Mysteries on Drama last night.

I think it's Drama on Freesat that consistently has only alternate phrases subtitled.

Must be something with the way they mis-encode the subtitling data.

Owain

Wierd aspect ratio on Drama channel Dave W UK digital tv 7 July 21st 13 12:30 AM
More4 to show Bush assassination drama Tonyhag UK sky 3 September 3rd 06 01:59 AM
Digitv subtitle problem Steve UK digital tv 1 April 9th 06 11:14 AM
UK TV Drama Mike GW8IJT UK digital tv 1 March 29th 06 10:02 AM
ITV Drama Dom Robinson UK sky 2 September 5th 03 11:53 PM