VM Tivo and UHD

Old August 15th 19, 10:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_20_]

Default VM Tivo and UHD

We now have a UHD TV and the VM Tivo should offer UHD connections, but it
doesn't seem to detect the UHD capabilities.

Is this likely to be the HDMI cable (pre-UHD) or just the Tivo being picky?

It also has problems configuring the Ethernet port for some reason but WiFi
is fine.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old August 15th 19, 12:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 15 August 2019 10:19:16 UTC+1, David wrote:
We now have a UHD TV and the VM Tivo should offer UHD connections, but it
doesn't seem to detect the UHD capabilities.

Is this likely to be the HDMI cable (pre-UHD) or just the Tivo being picky?

It also has problems configuring the Ethernet port for some reason but WiFi
is fine.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Unlikely to be the cable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Cables
Old August 15th 19, 01:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

On 15/08/2019 12:43, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Thursday, 15 August 2019 10:19:16 UTC+1, David wrote:
We now have a UHD TV and the VM Tivo should offer UHD connections, but it
doesn't seem to detect the UHD capabilities.

Is this likely to be the HDMI cable (pre-UHD) or just the Tivo being picky?

It also has problems configuring the Ethernet port for some reason but WiFi
is fine.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Unlikely to be the cable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Cables

it could possibly be the cable, connecting my skyQ box to a 4k sony tv
with what I thought was a decent hdmi cable caused colour changes and a
lot of artifacts on the Sony, when the cable sky provided was used all
problems went away and the tv now uses 4k resolution.
Old August 15th 19, 01:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_20_]

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 13:33:56 +0100, critcher wrote:

[...]

Just discovered that UHD is only permitted with the more expensive
packages.
Those which include Sky and BT Sport.

Dave R

Somehow, the term UHD reminds me of something elseentirely.... Brian-Gaff UK digital tv 12 September 19th 15 07:54 AM
the defined resolution is not supported (2160p) ((4K UHD)) jess stone High definition TV 4 August 12th 14 09:07 PM
Tivo box cannot see PC but PC can see Tivo. Tivo desktop. "specified serivce does not exist as an installed service" Bill Tivo personal television 22 September 25th 06 11:30 PM
Jaws3 on UHD J_C_ High definition TV 1 April 23rd 06 08:08 PM
UHD sound drop outs Steve K. High definition TV 0 June 15th 05 06:05 AM