Extortionate price for freesat

Old August 24th 19, 12:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Default Extortionate price for freesat

lid wrote:

BT Vision ?

STB that can receive/record freeview, or stream BT programmes over the
internet ... probably killed off by newer BT TV boxes
Old August 24th 19, 06:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 12:51:54 +0100, Andy Burns

BT Vision ?

STB that can receive/record freeview, or stream BT programmes over the
internet ... probably killed off by newer BT TV boxes

But they were promising it over their aerial.
Old August 24th 19, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Saturday, 24 August 2019 18:39:32 UTC+1, wrote:
On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 12:51:54 +0100, Andy Burns

BT Vision ?

STB that can receive/record freeview, or stream BT programmes over the
internet ... probably killed off by newer BT TV boxes

But they were promising it over their aerial.

Yes and BT TV boxes take Freeview over the aerial and / or their programs over the internet.
Old August 25th 19, 09:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 19:18:34 +0100, Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote:

lid wrote:

BT Vision ?

STB that can receive/record freeview, or stream BT programmes over the
internet ... probably killed off by newer BT TV boxes

But they were promising it over their aerial.

Yes, it can receive via an aerial, or stream over broadband.

It's a Freeview PVR and an internet streaming device all in one box,
presumably with the intention of making it less confusing than two
separate boxes, but having said that, the only person I know who's got
one is thoroughly confused by it, and I find it confusing too when I
try to help. The menu system is not very intuitive, and the Freeview
and internet sections respond at vastly different speeds.

My Panasonic Freeview PVR does include some internet services too, but
they take so long to respond that it isn't worth the bother. Some of
them are presented in the form of higher numbers that appear in the
same list as the Freeview channels, and are selected in the same way,
but clearly derive their material from internet sources, after a long
wait, when they work at all. The Panasonic PVR works very well with
Freeview, and the Amazon box works very well with internet sources,
which suggests to me that the use of separate boxes for these services
is better than trying to be too clever by combining them.

Rod.
Old August 25th 19, 06:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Unsteadyken

In article ,

Roderick Stewart says...

It's a Freeview PVR and an internet streaming device all in one box,
presumably with the intention of making it less confusing than two
separate boxes, but having said that, the only person I know who's got
one is thoroughly confused by it, and I find it confusing too when I
try to help. The menu system is not very intuitive, and the Freeview
and internet sections respond at vastly different speeds.

I've had BT Youview for several years; and find that it is a doddle to
operate with clear and simple menus. Far better than the Tonka toy multi
colored confused mess served up by Sky and Virgin.

Beauty is in the eye etc.

--
Ken
Old August 26th 19, 10:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019 16:52:26 +0100, Andy Burns

The advert you posted

sintv posted it, I merely corrected a typo.

and to which I replied, was *only* for Freeview aerial fitting
I've no idea why a PVR or broadband came into the discussion. It
wasn't in the advert.

it was *you* who first asked about BT Vision (having quoted it from the
advert) which is a freeview PVR (and also a broadband TV streaming device)

My point was that the advert promised BT Vision *through their
aerial*. It did not say that another device was needed.