Nothing worth bothering about on tv

Old August 20th 19, 09:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Nothing worth bothering about on tv

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Old August 21st 19, 10:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on September 4, 2019.

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 20:47:20 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old August 21st 19, 11:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen
to tv, despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its
all rubbish, well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting
a life?

I think it's the usual mid-summer lull. TV stations tend not to schedule
their best programmes for a time of year when audiences are down owing
to holidays and to people engaging in more outdoor pursuits.
--
John Hall
"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come
Old August 21st 19, 01:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?

+1

Jim Al-Kalili's series on inventions is rather good, though
the credits say PBS and not BBC.

Without sight, listening to tv sound channels must be a last
resort for most people.
Old August 21st 19, 01:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 21/08/2019 10:35, John Hall wrote:
In message , Brian Gaff
writes
I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen
to tv, despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its
all rubbish, well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm
getting a life?

I think it's the usual mid-summer lull. TV stations tend not to schedule
their best programmes for a time of year when audiences are down owing
to holidays and to people engaging in more outdoor pursuits.

There is always the GP practice fly-on-the-wall on C5 where you
could use your imagination to guess how bad (or trivial) the complaint
is.
Old August 21st 19, 03:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tufnell Park

On 20/08/2019 20:47, Brian Gaff wrote:
I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?
Brian

I'm sure you're not the only person to think that, i rarely watch
terrestrial channels theses days.

Old August 21st 19, 03:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

wrote:

I just realised its been over a month since I even bothered to listen to tv,
despite reading the listings of the terrestrial channels, its all rubbish,
well to me it is. Have I changed or is it that I'm getting a life?

Tried BBC 4?

+1

Jim Al-Kalili's series on inventions is rather good, though
the credits say PBS and not BBC.

snip
I tuned into BBC4 last night to watch how to see a Black Hole, only to
find it had been replaced by repeats of Peaky Blinders.

P*ss-ups and Breweries come to mind!

Jim
Old August 21st 19, 03:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I'm sure that has been on before and I'm not sure if it has AD or not. It
may have, but a lot of such programs are now below my attention level as
they are often done for the Tonka Toy generation.

He look here is how a laser works.... Yawn.

Old August 21st 19, 03:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I'm too much of a scrooge to subscribe for Telly stuff myself, If there was
a family with diverse interests, then fine but for me, nah..
I also feel that for us older folk who have enquiring minds there is a
tendency for many programs to be simply retreads of better but older
alternatives we have seen. I think there may well be a need for more
technical programming. Maybe there is something like this on Youtube but
sadly not much audio description on that.
I'd like a very detailed look into semiconductor design and manufacture,
or how polymer batteries are made, or perhaps more technical descriptions of
the data collected in space missions.