SOT: Have I got no news for you

Old June 13th 19, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY[_2_]

Default SOT: Have I got no news for you

+ACI-Phi+ACI- +ADw-phister+AEA-inbox.com+AD4- wrote in message
+AD4- In 1971 - 1972 Enoch Powell made it very clear in numerous countrywide
+AD4- lectures what joining the common market really meant. He got it
+AD4- absolutely right +ACE-

I wonder if his message was diluted and disbelieved a bit after the furore
over his 1968 +ACI-Rivers of Blood+ACI- speech.

This thread has been an enlightenment about the fact that sovereignty +ACo-was+ACo-
an issue that was discussed amongst politicians before the 1974 referendum,
even if it didn't seem to be as well-known amongst the electorate as it was
for the 2016 one. Of course, in 1974 it was +ACI-it might happen in the future+ACI-
rather than +ACI-it's already happened+ACI-.

I've learned something: I always thought that the possible future +ACI-closer
political unity+ACI- was something that wasn't known at all to the electorate in
1974.