SOT: Have I got no news for you

Old June 12th 19, 11:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

Default SOT: Have I got no news for you

On 12/06/2019 08:36, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 11/06/2019 in message Java Jive wrote:

On 11/06/2019 15:17, Jeff Gaines wrote:

On 11/06/2019 in message Java Jive wrote:

This is exactly the sort of unsubstantiated crap that currently
bedevils public debate in this country.¬* If you can justify this
claim¬* with any sort of provenance, feel free to do so, otherwise
don't make¬* wild school playground style claims that you cannot prove.

It's based on what I was told when I voted in 1974 or whenever it
was¬* and what has happened since.

I can only suppose that you didn't inform yourself very well at the
time, as I understood exactly what I was voting for.¬* See the
Torygraph article quoting the Hansard accession debate that I've
linked elsewhere.

At the time we were very clearly told it was a common market, no
suggestion whatever of a political union.

From before accession through to the referendum sovereignty was a big
public issue, see for example:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...new-what-we-w/
Old June 12th 19, 11:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 12/06/2019 23:14, Java Jive wrote:

At the time we were very clearly told it was a common market, no
suggestion whatever of a political union.

No, we weren't, see the link below ...

From before accession through to the referendum sovereignty

.... as the EEC expanded politically ...

was a big

Old June 13th 19, 08:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 12/06/2019 in message Java Jive wrote:

From before accession through to the referendum sovereignty was a big
public issue, see for example:

As the article says there was a deliberate attempt to hide the truth.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those
Old June 14th 19, 08:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

From before accession through to the referendum sovereignty was a big

Again we see a Brex****ter calling white 'black' and black 'white'.