Sky Q

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd

Default Sky Q

AIUI modern practice is both: ie secure the ladder at bottom
and top - to anchors in wall or to structure.

It would clearly be dangerous to climb an unsecured ladder to drill a hole at
the top to secure it...

Angus

Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_10_]

On 15/06/2019 14:26, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
AIUI modern practice is both: ie secure the ladder at bottom
and top - to anchors in wall or to structure.

It would clearly be dangerous to climb an unsecured ladder to drill a hole at
the top to secure it...

Angus

Quite. Although AIUI the HSE will settle for use of a ladder tied off
at only one point (although I think that has to be the top if it's used
to get on and off a platform, roof etc.)

--
Robin
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 15/06/2019 in message Mark Carver
wrote:

Was it at the top or bottom of the ladder ? Reason I ask is I'm currently
revising for an H&S test, and the correct answer for that was the ladder
should be secured at the top. My lad's was at the bottom.

Thanks for all the replies :-)

There is no hook/bolt still in the wall but a new No. 10 Rawlplug has been
inserted about 2 or 3 feet off the ground.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap