OT speed tests

Old January 30th 19, 03:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default OT speed tests

On 30/01/2019 08:30, Mark Carver wrote:
On 30/01/2019 02:34, Bill Wright wrote:
I've just used the first five that google offers and got download
results as follows:
24
43
45
61
71

So what's the point?

None really. All speedtests tell you, is how fast you are connecting to
that particular speed test server, and that point in time.

If you manage to get close to your theoretical maximum on one or other,
at some point in the day, then it proves your connection to the exchange
is running at it's best possible performance. Everything else is a
variable.

Thank you Mark. I now understand. So the fact that one test gave 71
means that my connection is OK. Good.

Old January 30th 19, 04:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 30/01/2019 in message Bill Wright wrote:

I've just used the first five that google offers and got download results
as follows:
24
43
45
61
71

So what's the point?

I thought I had posted a reply but must be going mad.

Using the BT speed tester and Chrome I get around 540 Mbps, with IE around
70 Mbps. Apparently there is a problem between Chrome and the BT Tester.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Indecision is the key to flexibility
Old January 30th 19, 05:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 30/01/2019 in message Bill Wright wrote:

I've just used the first five that google offers and got download results
as follows:
24
43
45
61
71

So what's the point?

Bill

Third attempt at reply...

I thought I had posted a reply but must be going mad.

Using the BT speed tester and Chrome I get around 540 Mbps, with IE around
70 Mbps. Apparently there is a problem between Chrome and the BT Tester.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
If you ever find something you like buy a lifetime supply because they
will stop making it