A516digital to stop listing Freeview updates

Old February 2nd 19, 03:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default A516digital to stop listing Freeview updates

On 31/01/2019 21:04, NY wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message

Mark will be along in a minute to give you his opinion of UKfree-tv...
;-)

I think as regards its accuracy and up-to-date-ness, his opinion of
UKfree probably matches mine ;-)

Yep !

Sorry, I've been stuck in a snowdrift for the last 24 hours, North
Hampshire seems to have a monumental amount of snow.

a516 is just a (very good and up to date) hobby site. The proprietor
does post in some other groups and said a while ago for personal reasons
he might be unable to continue the same level of excellent service. A
great pity, but I wish him well, and hope he's back to full capacity
again in the future.

--
Mark
Old February 2nd 19, 08:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 02/02/2019 14:58, Mark Carver wrote:

Sorry, I've been stuck in a snowdrift for the last 24 hours, North
Hampshire seems to have a monumental amount of snow.

It's grim up North Hampshire...

Old February 2nd 19, 09:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 02/02/2019 14:58, Mark Carver wrote:

Sorry, I've been stuck in a snowdrift for the last 24 hours, North
Hampshire seems to have a monumental amount of snow.

It's grim up North Hampshire...

I've been chuckling at the amount of snow that the central South has been
having recently. Where I am in Wensleydale (near Leyburn) there's been an
inch or so of snow - everywhere looks very pretty, but all the roads (even
the notorious Sutton Bank which we went up today) have been totally cleared.
The only hairy bit was the first couple of miles from our village to the
main A road, since that had been nicely compacted by a bit of passing
traffic between last night's snowfall and when we set off, but nothing had
been cleared, so there was a pad of hard-compressed very slippery snow. I
took the downhill *very* cautiously: the car did exactly what I wanted until
I tried to brake, when it tended to drift very slowly onto one verge or the
other - I was hoping that nothing would come towards me because I had that
dreaded "I won't be able to stop" feeling :-(

It's a good thing it wasn't last week, because that route was blocked by
ill-timed roadworks (repair of a collapsed stream culvert under the road)
and the other road out which was kept open has a steeper hill in the
opposite direction, and open fields on either side which means the road on
top is prone to drifting and hence cars getting grounded.

Old February 4th 19, 01:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pete Forman[_2_]

Jeff Layman writes:

On 01/02/19 00:26, Pete Forman wrote:

DS is a good source for Freeview changes, though occasionally spammed
by newbies who anticipate or discuss changes.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...angelog#latest

That takes you to the start of the thread in 2009. This takes you to
the latest page:
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/986748/the-freeview-changelog/p87

I'm not really sure how up-to-date it is as nobody has yet mentioned
that A516digital will be stopping their freeview updates listing.

Sorry for forgetting that #latest will only work if you have logged in.

The changelog thread has strict rules, though not strictly enforced,
that it is for observed changes in broadcast channels. Predicted changes
and discussion are frowned upon. The a516 service is discussed in other
threads.

--
Pete Forman
https://payg.pythonanywhere.com
Old February 4th 19, 11:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pete Forman[_2_]

"NY" writes:

"Pete Forman" wrote in message
Jeff Layman writes:

On 01/02/19 00:26, Pete Forman wrote:

DS is a good source for Freeview changes, though occasionally spammed
by newbies who anticipate or discuss changes.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...angelog#latest

That takes you to the start of the thread in 2009. This takes you to
the latest page:
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/986748/the-freeview-changelog/p87

I'm not really sure how up-to-date it is as nobody has yet mentioned
that A516digital will be stopping their freeview updates listing.

Sorry for forgetting that #latest will only work if you have logged in.

The changelog thread has strict rules, though not strictly enforced,
that it is for observed changes in broadcast channels. Predicted
changes and discussion are frowned upon. The a516 service is
discussed in other threads.

They really are a bit anal about the distinction between forthcoming
and already-happened changes: it would be far better if the same
thread covered both (like a516 does) to avoid people having to monitor
two threads.

That ground rule was laid out by a516 when he started the DS thread. It
is called Changelog, not Changes.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ussion_986748:
With all the changes happening on Freeview, and likely to happen
during switchover, I thought it might be a good idea to do something
similar to that done on the Freesat forum, namely a thread logging
changes. If anyone wants to discuss a change in more detail, they can
start a dedicated thread. It might be interesting to view these pages
in the future to remember when changes took place.