Happy Chinese New Year

Old February 5th 19, 09:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default Happy Chinese New Year

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...s-with-miners/

Old February 5th 19, 04:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

oink oink.

Year of the Pig huh?

or are they telling porkies?

Old February 5th 19, 06:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on February 19, 2019.

Sweet and sour porkies?

Nixon came a cropper in the Year of the Rat.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 15:20:43 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

oink oink.

Year of the Pig huh?

or are they telling porkies?

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old February 5th 19, 06:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
oink oink.

Year of the Pig huh?

or are they telling porkies?

That's very boaring!

Old February 5th 19, 07:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 05/02/2019 15:20, Brian Gaff wrote:
oink oink.

Year of the Pig huh?

or are they telling porkies?

Brian

There is an article in the DT that lists the DOs and Don'ts
for the first day.

Do not eat porridge: This implies you are poor and will
remain so.

Do not wear threadbare clothing: This means that you will
have more bad luck in the year.

I always have porridge for brecky, and I visited the dump
wearing my tattiest old jacket.

Thats my 2019 stuffed then.
Old February 6th 19, 12:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I did have some sympathy for Nixon in that he, in his mind thought of
himself as a patriot but like many politicians lost his way. all that
torpedoing of the Vietnam peace talks so he could do much the same I think
made a lot of people want his head.

"Martin" wrote in message
Sweet and sour porkies?

Nixon came a cropper in the Year of the Rat.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 15:20:43 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

oink oink.

Year of the Pig huh?

or are they telling porkies?

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old February 6th 19, 12:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Oh really, well I would suggest that this is just another old wives tale.
I mean there must be millions of porridge eating people in old clothes
around and they cannot all be going to have a bad year. its like astrology.

Old February 6th 19, 01:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 06/02/2019 11:25, Brian Gaff wrote:

all that
torpedoing of the Vietnam peace talks so he could do much the same I think
made a lot of people want his head.

And that's the point. How many people from both sides died
unnecessarily through this terminal vanity?

Happy new year! Marky P UK digital tv 6 January 3rd 08 04:00 AM
Merry Christmas & happy new year Nige UK home cinema 14 December 27th 05 01:30 AM
Got new TV delivered today - Not Happy - Am I too picky? MarkF UK home cinema 3 December 4th 04 03:18 AM
Year change for Leap year on Chaparral Sierra lll [email protected] Satellite tvro 1 February 29th 04 06:57 PM
(Not so) Happy New Year! Bryan Satellite tvro 19 January 1st 04 07:14 AM