Milton Abbas

Old February 6th 19, 05:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Kellerman

Default Milton Abbas

On 03/02/2019 15:20, Woody wrote:
On Sun 03/02/2019 14:48, Java Jive wrote:
Copying this to uk.telecom.broadband and uk.telecom.mobile ...

On 03/02/2019 14:19, Bill Wright wrote:
On 03/02/2019 11:42, Woody wrote:

Did you not notice an earlier comment that the villagers are
opposing erection of a phone mast to improve cover locally?

Yes, they must be crackers.

Not necessarily, a lot depends on where the mast was to be installed.
Up here we've had recently a similar debacle, where EE wanted to erect
a 4G mast right by the loch-side road, slap bang in the middle of one
of the finest views in the locality, of which view of the loch I have
sometimes observed people stop their car, get out, take a photo, get
in, and proceed on their way again.¬* Despite mobile phone coverage at
the time not being very good, the proposed placing of the mast was
baffling to me, because I didn't think it would give any significant
improvement over what we already had from pre-existing antennae on the
local TV relay mast, and there were also self-contradictions within
the justification for the proposal itself.¬* Consequently, a number of
locals including myself lodged objections to the proposal, and it was
rejected.

So they put the new mast in a *much* better place, where not only it
is much more discreet, but also gives better coverage to those of us
who previously had less good coverage, much more so than I believe the
original proposal could ever have done.¬* A "Win! Win!" for us!

So much so that at last I've just managed to get a 4G Data SIM with
unlimited downloads on the right network for a price less than what
I'm currently paying John Lewis, who, now that my initial contract has
expired, have started charging me 50% more than they were¬* -¬* that's:
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*:-( 50% more
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*:-( for the *same* service
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*:-( where I cannot see that their own costs have increased
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*:-( and they're currently offering a new contract on their site
for less than I had been paying previously!

And the Data SIM gets me aroung 15-18/Mbps, whereas the landline
struggled to get more than about 1.25Mbps.

You may be very sure that I shall soon be telling JL *exactly* what I
think of sharp accounting practices, copying Ofcom and my local MP,
and telling them where they can put my landline!

Remember Mac that JL broadband is re-badged Plusnet!

Who are owned by BT .....

--
Blow my nose to email me