Great British Railway Journeys - sound out-of-sync

Old February 13th 19, 12:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

Default Great British Railway Journeys - sound out-of-sync

On 13/02/2019 09:36, Dave W wrote:
Also
the picture was very blocky and blurry compared to the perfect
pictures I normally get on iPlayer.

That was his 'new' 'pixellated' jacket,not the program :-)

I watched last nights program, live on BBC2 freeview and
I didn't notice any serious lipsynch issues TBH.

Old February 13th 19, 08:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 13/02/19 11:51, Andrew wrote:
On 13/02/2019 09:36, Dave W wrote:
Also
the picture was very blocky and blurry compared to the perfect
pictures I normally get on iPlayer.

That was his 'new' 'pixellated' jacket,not the program :-)

I watched last nights program, live on BBC2 freeview and
I didn't notice any serious lipsynch issues TBH.

Just watched tonight's episode. No problems at all live or recorded on
SD and HD. So looks like they've sorted out the sync issue.

--

Jeff
Old February 14th 19, 02:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Bartram

On 12/02/2019 20:21, Jeff Layman wrote:
My recordings of this week's two episodes of Great British Railway
Journeys have had the sound way out of sync. Usually this can be "fixed"
by stopping playback and starting it again, but not this time. I think
sound was leading picture, but it can be quite difficult to tell
sometimes, and the sync delay seemed to vary rather a lot.

Did anyone see the programme at the time it was broadcast? Was the sound
ok? Or has anyone recorded it? Other programmes recorded yesterday (eg
Cold Feet) have been fine, as have all previous GBRJ over the past few
weeks.

One episode being Birmingham/Walsall/Landywood/Stoke on Trent? It was
the same recorded on my Virgin V6 box, noticeable enough to be a little
annoying.
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Marland

Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:21:53 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

My recordings of this week's two episodes of Great British Railway
Journeys have had the sound way out of sync. Usually this can be "fixed"
by stopping playback and starting it again, but not this time. I think
sound was leading picture, but it can be quite difficult to tell
sometimes, and the sync delay seemed to vary rather a lot.

Did anyone see the programme at the time it was broadcast? Was the sound
ok? Or has anyone recorded it? Other programmes recorded yesterday (eg
Cold Feet) have been fine, as have all previous GBRJ over the past few
weeks.

I've noticed oddities in the sound sync. I've recorded all episodes of
the current series, so far.

I usually watch the recorded versions rather than live.

I'm not an expert in this, but I'm wondering whether they had problems
with the original sound recording and got Portillo and some others to
say the words again but their lip-sync was not good.

I have been watching quite a few on catch up so cannot remember which
episode it was but in one
it sounded like he was getting a cold or early stages of a thickly throat.

Perhaps the following day it had got worse and they decided that his
talking like he needed a good dose of mentholyptus wasn’t acceptable and
new recording made when he had recovered.

GH