Romeo Pro

Old January 24th 14, 03:12 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
QN[_3_]

Default Romeo Pro

My new Romeo Pro arrives tomorrow, Friday.

Wish me luck!

Old January 25th 14, 10:17 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
QN[_3_]

So far, so good. I love the thing.

I'm hoping it doesn't start crashing like my Premiere Elite did.

Old January 26th 14, 07:29 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Adam H. Kerman

QN wrote:

My new Romeo Pro arrives tomorrow, Friday.

Wish me luck!

Wherefore art thou with the setup?
Old January 26th 14, 07:34 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
danny burstein

In "QN" writes:

So far, so good. I love the thing.

I'm hoping it doesn't start crashing like my Premiere Elite did.

Have you tried using TiVo Transfer (from "Toast")
or a web browser to transfer files to another computers?

Thanks

Old January 26th 14, 10:42 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
QN[_3_]

Setup was faster than with TIVOs from the past. In about 4 hours I was
fully operational with the entire ten day scheduled loaded. Years ago it
took about 24 hours for normal operation.

Last night around Midnight I had all 6 tuners recording and I also had a
program transfer running from my old TIVO HD. ...seven at once

No reboots, as far as I can tell.

I was able to transfer all my season passes from the TIVO website. I had to
do them about 10 at a time. The season pass manager would not do all 90 at
once. I ran into the same problem years ago.

In a couple weeks I plan to sell my old TIVO HD on ebay.

Old June 21st 14, 08:41 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Martin Frost me at invalid stanford daht edu

"QN" writes:

Setup was faster than with TIVOs from the past. In about 4 hours I was
fully operational with the entire ten day scheduled loaded. Years ago it
took about 24 hours for normal operation.

Last night around Midnight I had all 6 tuners recording and I also had a
program transfer running from my old TIVO HD. ...seven at once

No reboots, as far as I can tell.

I was able to transfer all my season passes from the TIVO website. I had to
do them about 10 at a time. The season pass manager would not do all 90 at
once. I ran into the same problem years ago.

In a couple weeks I plan to sell my old TIVO HD on ebay.

Is the Roamio Pro quiet?

Except for the entry level version, Roamio incorporates the capability
of TiVo Stream, which is a very noisy little box because of a roaring
fan.

Martin