VD show running time halved

Old November 2nd 18, 09:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default VD show running time halved

Actually her initials are very unfortunate. I worked with a very shy lady
called Virginia Dowty, and she got so fed up with the puns on her initials
she started using her other first name. Gillian.

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
On Thursday, 1 November 2018 17:14:42 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
So are you saying its shorter cos it was bad at 2 hours, or that its now
bad
as its only 1 hour.

The former - it will still be bad, but I will be at my desk well before it
even starts.

Often a format gets tired and needs to be retired once the mega
interesting
subjects have been covered once.

It is always the same - "I didn't know you could get cancer from smoking",
"they took my kids off me because I'm a junkie and neglected them" and so
on.

How is she, I understood she had Cancer?

Seems to have recovered remarkably well. I don't blame her [as
presenter], it is the program format that is awful.

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to
one,
starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

Routinely filled with dead beats whining about how they didn't realise
heroin was addictive, it's cold in the winter, women can't conceive
naturally in their fifties or that if you commit crimes you can be sent
prison...

About the only silver lining of this program [for a home worker] is
that
it was so bad that after the news headlines at the beginning one would
switch off the TV and go and start work on the computer...

Old November 2nd 18, 10:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 15:01:29 -0000, "Phi" wrote:

Yesterday it was dealing with a welsh and a middle eastern looking man
wanting a penis enlargement.

Somebody should show him how to set up an email address and a usenet
account. If I'd taken advantage of all the offers of penis
enlargements I'd received this way (and they all worked) I wouldn't be
able to go out in public.

Rod.

---

Old November 2nd 18, 12:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
brightside

On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 09:57:30 +0000, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 15:01:29 -0000, "Phi" wrote:

Yesterday it was dealing with a welsh and a middle eastern looking man
wanting a penis enlargement.

Somebody should show him how to set up an email address and a usenet
account. If I'd taken advantage of all the offers of penis
enlargements I'd received this way (and they all worked) I wouldn't be
able to go out in public.

Maybe he should try some of that green jelly stuff that Plusnet have
invented!

--
brightside S9
Old November 2nd 18, 04:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 01/11/18 21:13, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 01/11/2018 17:46, Mark Carver wrote:
On 01/11/2018 09:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
The dire Victoria Derbyshi*e show has been reduced from to hours to
one, starting at 10:00 instead of 09:00.

I agree, it is dire.

You know when you go to an old people's home, and there are all these
old people who've lost their marbles watching daytime TV?

I think they've lost they marbles _because_ they are watching daytime TV.

I think that about shock jock radio ...

--
Adrian C
Old November 2nd 18, 04:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
alan_m

On 01/11/2018 21:13, Vir Campestris wrote:

I once had a job to write a SW teletext decoder, and I saw a lot of
daytime TV doing that. Damn it was awful.

The problem these days is what used to be crap daytime TV is now
broadcast in the evenings.

Old November 2nd 18, 05:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 01/11/2018 21:13, Vir Campestris wrote:

You know when you go to an old people's home, and there are all these
old people who've lost their marbles watching daytime TV?

I think they've lost they marbles _because_ they are watching daytime TV.

I once had a job to write a SW teletext decoder, and I saw a lot of
daytime TV doing that. Damn it was awful.

Test Card F was its Golden Age

--
Mark
Old November 6th 18, 08:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

That explains a lot about the NHS then. Almost every department I've visited
of late have had a small tv in their reception behind the counter running
day time TV.
Its usually that Jeremy thingy, or some kind of discussion about the bad
habits of boyfriends or dire American non funny comedies.