Creating a form in Word

Old November 7th 18, 10:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Creating a form in Word

I think you would need to make protected fields. This can also be done for
pdf files, but the problem of converting an existing one, I do not know,
perhaps open a new document set up protected fields as you cut and past into
the new document?
These forms annoy the heck out of blind people by the way!

"Scott" wrote in message
Could someone give me simple advice on how to convert an existing
document into a form where the user can complete information field by
field? I have found instructions for doing it via a Word template or
a blank document but I just want to convert some existing documents.

Essentially I want to go through and replace the date with insert
date, the person's name with insert name etc, effectively to
anonymise a set of documents.

Any help appreciated.

Old November 7th 18, 11:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 09:48:46 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I think you would need to make protected fields. This can also be done for
pdf files, but the problem of converting an existing one, I do not know,
perhaps open a new document set up protected fields as you cut and past into
the new document?
These forms annoy the heck out of blind people by the way!
Brian

Is the annoyance of blind people because reading software cannot
differentiate between fields and ordinary text so you can't tell where
the fields are that need to be filled? (Mine are for a specific
purpose so this is not an issue on this occasion).