wtv file structure?

Old June 29th 19, 05:42 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Jim Wilkins[_2_]

Default wtv file structure?

Can someone tell me how playing a 7 Media Center .wtv file changes it,
such that the before and after MD5 hashes differ? I use TeraCopy
hashes to check that backups copied correctly or didn't develop disk
errors, but many show different MD5s and also fail an fc /b
comparison. For the pair I just checked the metadata matches.in
EditDvrmsMetadata and they play identically side-by side in VLC.
thx, jsw

Old June 30th 19, 05:49 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Jim Wilkins[_2_]

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
Can someone tell me how playing a 7 Media Center .wtv file changes
it, such that the before and after MD5 hashes differ? I use TeraCopy
hashes to check that backups copied correctly or didn't develop disk
errors, but many show different MD5s and also fail an fc /b
comparison. For the pair I just checked the metadata matches.in
EditDvrmsMetadata and they play identically side-by side in VLC.
thx, jsw

According to this a .wtv file contains metadata below 0x40000, so file
copies that don't match there may not be corrupted.
https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php/WTV

A hex dump with HxD shows metadata text strings and null spaces below
0x40000, dense binary data above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTV_(W...corded_TV_Show)