Sky adverts.

Old January 21st 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc

Default Sky adverts.

DVDfever Dom wrote on 21 Jan 2006 04:19:09 -0800:

But if you were in charge of Sky, would you drop the ads and spend more
to fill in the gaps, in the sheer hope that enough new subscribers come
along to make up the shortfall, as well as ****ing off all the
advertisers, shareholders, etc.

****ing off the advertisers is hardly a problem if they no longer sell
advertsising slots. In fact I would see it as a distinct advantage
of the scheme. Shareholders would not care as long as it didn't
affect their profits (which I accept it could).

...or would you keep the ads because it's a more secure form of revenue
than sheer hope, and would mean your business would actually stay
afloat?

Advertising revenue still requires subscribers, so it's no more secure
than relying on subscription revenue.

Would you also ban sponsorship of programmes? (which is the only way
some of those things stay on air) And ban product placement?

I thought product placement was already banned?

Basic advertising revenue is falling fast anyway, so they're all
looking to boost their shows with product placement instead, and I'd
rather - for example - Big Brother cut out the ads if it meant they
could also remove those stupid labels from the shopping that make the
housemates look like they're drinking "Beer" or "Water", etc.

Presumably it is already banned, or they wouldn't do that.

--
David Taylor

Adverts on ITV3 eadg UK digital tv 22 January 2nd 06 04:07 PM
Volume levels of adverts gtl UK digital tv 23 December 1st 05 06:09 PM
Adverts in SKY programmes. Mick UK sky 10 July 21st 05 10:56 AM
OT Adverts strange_too UK digital tv 6 May 22nd 05 11:42 AM
LF copy of Sky adverts Paul E Mak UK sky 0 April 4th 05 05:25 PM