What to watch now?

Old June 13th 07, 04:40 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Ian Bethell

Default What to watch now?

Ok, I know people are gonna slate me for my TV interests... but i'm stuck
with what to watch now, as my Sky+ planner is remarkably empty each week
without the following:

Lost
24
Las Vegas
Nip/Tuck
Desperate Housewives
Prison Break
Ugly Betty

It seems that most of these all ran and ended at the same time, and they
were all new things when they all started, so i'm interested as to what the
next new thing will be to watch, and what is gonna replace them that might
be worth watching.

Any suggestions?

Old June 13th 07, 04:53 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Commander Gideon

"Ian Bethell" wrote in message
Ok, I know people are gonna slate me for my TV interests... but i'm stuck
with what to watch now, as my Sky+ planner is remarkably empty each week
without the following:

Lost
24
Las Vegas
Nip/Tuck
Desperate Housewives
Prison Break
Ugly Betty

What about some good old British telly instead of that American rubbish,Big
Brother,haha!

Old June 13th 07, 05:05 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Andy[_5_]

Ian Bethell wrote:
snip
It seems that most of these all ran and ended at the same time, and they
were all new things when they all started, so i'm interested as to what
the next new thing will be to watch, and what is gonna replace them that
might be worth watching.

Have you tried Heroes on Sci-fi? It has been called the new Lost, which I
suppose it is in the sense that it's an ensemble piece with multiple
interlinking plotlines. I like it anyway.
A new series of The Shield starts in a couple of weeks.

....Andy

Old June 13th 07, 07:24 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
steeler

"Andy" wrote in message
Ian Bethell wrote:
snip
It seems that most of these all ran and ended at the same time, and they
were all new things when they all started, so i'm interested as to what
the next new thing will be to watch, and what is gonna replace them that
might be worth watching.

Have you tried Heroes on Sci-fi? It has been called the new Lost, which I
suppose it is in the sense that it's an ensemble piece with multiple
interlinking plotlines. I like it anyway.
A new series of The Shield starts in a couple of weeks.

...Andy

or as Stephen Colbert called it "Sci-Fi fanboy pander-fest".

sci-fi channel has almost done with it - you might be better waiting for the
Beeb to show it in a month or so (with widescreen and no DOG).

Old June 13th 07, 07:26 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
steeler

"Ian Bethell" wrote in message
Ok, I know people are gonna slate me for my TV interests... but i'm stuck
with what to watch now, as my Sky+ planner is remarkably empty each week
without the following:

Lost
24
Las Vegas
Nip/Tuck
Desperate Housewives
Prison Break
Ugly Betty

It seems that most of these all ran and ended at the same time, and they
were all new things when they all started, so i'm interested as to what
the next new thing will be to watch, and what is gonna replace them that
might be worth watching.

Any suggestions?

these any good?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a4058...premieres.html

Old June 13th 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
guv

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:05:33 +0100, "Andy"
wrote:

Ian Bethell wrote:
snip
It seems that most of these all ran and ended at the same time, and they
were all new things when they all started, so i'm interested as to what
the next new thing will be to watch, and what is gonna replace them that
might be worth watching.

Have you tried Heroes on Sci-fi? It has been called the new Lost, which I
suppose it is in the sense that it's an ensemble piece with multiple
interlinking plotlines. I like it anyway.

Yes, I agree its excellent. Far far better than lost.
Old June 13th 07, 11:35 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
guv

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:53:49 +0100, Mike Henry
wrote:

wrote:

Have you tried Heroes on Sci-fi? It has been called the new Lost, which I
suppose it is in the sense that it's an ensemble piece with multiple
interlinking plotlines. I like it anyway.

Yes, I agree its excellent. Far far better than lost.

It's great. I'm currently enjoying it via xVid downloads, in widescreen
and DD5.1 sound. I certainly wouldn't start watching the 4:3 cropped
version on Sci-Fi now, not least because they only have a few episodes
left to go and you've missed lots of great episodes. Better to start
from the beginning - either on the BBC in the Autumn or download it.

Been there, done that....in HD ;-)

Watched the last episode about 24 hours after it was aired in the US.

Now, whats next! ;-)
Old June 13th 07, 11:49 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
steeler

"Mike Henry" wrote in message

wrote:

Have you tried Heroes on Sci-fi? It has been called the new Lost, which
suppose it is in the sense that it's an ensemble piece with multiple
interlinking plotlines. I like it anyway.

Yes, I agree its excellent. Far far better than lost.

It's great. I'm currently enjoying it via xVid downloads, in widescreen
and DD5.1 sound. I certainly wouldn't start watching the 4:3 cropped
version on Sci-Fi now, not least because they only have a few episodes
left to go and you've missed lots of great episodes. Better to start
from the beginning - either on the BBC in the Autumn or download it.

It will be end of July on the beeb (and hopefully bbc hd). They moved it up
after paying a ransom for the second series.

Old June 14th 07, 12:46 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Liz J

Ugly Betty

It seems that most of these all ran and ended at the same time, and they
were all new things when they all started, so i'm interested as to what
the next new thing will be to watch, and what is gonna replace them that
might be worth watching.

Any suggestions?

Boston Legal - a real treat

Old June 14th 07, 08:38 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Sean Black

In article , guv
writes
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:05:33 +0100, "Andy"
wrote:

Ian Bethell wrote:
snip
It seems that most of these all ran and ended at the same time, and they
were all new things when they all started, so i'm interested as to what
the next new thing will be to watch, and what is gonna replace them that
might be worth watching.

Have you tried Heroes on Sci-fi? It has been called the new Lost, which I
suppose it is in the sense that it's an ensemble piece with multiple
interlinking plotlines. I like it anyway.

Yes, I agree its excellent. Far far better than lost.

Although, it's also ending the end of it's first season on Sci-fi, you'd
be better off waiting for it to start on BBC2, you really need to see it
from the start.

Boston Legal on Living is great as is The Unit on Bravo, both also well
into their respective runs. I'm also watching The Practice witch More 4
are showing daily, since about 10 days ago, they've showed it right from
the pilot, so I'm hoping they'll keep going after they finish the first
season.

Sleeper Cell is good, but again you need to have seen it from the
beginning. FX are trailing something called Dexter which is starting
soon, which looks like it might be interesting, about a serial killer
who works with the police.
--
Sean Black